It's two years since I lost my lovely dad.

(12 Posts)
katemiddletonsnudeheels Sun 08-May-16 15:39:50

Just wanted to put that out there, no need to reply. I miss him so, so much.

hidingwithwine Sun 08-May-16 16:54:19

Oh God bless you, I can only imagine where your head and heart are. I'm coming up for 9mths and it's really starting to bite how much I miss him.

It's great that we have a place here to get things out. Are you doing anything special/significant today? flowers

katemiddletonsnudeheels Sun 08-May-16 16:58:19

I've decided not to go to the grave. He's not there. I hope that makes sense, it's such a beautiful day im going to walk and talk to him a bit (I often do, but not out loud !)

ApocalypseSlough Sun 08-May-16 16:58:57

That's a lovely way to be close to him. flowers

katemiddletonsnudeheels Sun 08-May-16 17:09:42

Thank you flowers

sophie052 Mon 09-May-16 14:46:17

Hi I lost my dad at 21 I'm now 24 and I still can't get to grips with it my 2 brothers r dealing with it its the worst thing ever i'm sorry to hear about your dad do what ever helps you to cope flowers

stopfuckingshoutingatme Tue 10-May-16 22:06:10

flowers
Sending that - look after yourself X

Rowgtfc72 Thu 12-May-16 21:07:40

Two yrs here this august. Feels like such a long time but also like only yesterday that I last saw him.
We had "do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep" at dads funeral. Mines not in a grave either, he's too big to be defined by such a small space!
Thinking of you flowers

sunnydayinmay Thu 12-May-16 21:10:04

It will he 8 years this year for me. I don't go to his grave either, but every time we have a beautiful sunset I think of him.

Its my wedding anniversary today, and I was looking at old photo. Still hard to believe he's gone.

Take care.flowers

Jojoanna Thu 12-May-16 23:13:37

14 months since my dad died and inwill never get over it

Falling270 Thu 12-May-16 23:34:52

I've just posted in chat not realising there was a bereavement board saying its two years since I lost my beloved Grandad and I miss him desperately. You have my utmost sympathy. flowers

ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Fri 13-May-16 22:26:28

It's 10 months for me. I'm dreading the first anniversary. There were things I'd planned to do to honour him, which I won't be able to do now (for temporary ill-health reasons).

We weren't close in recent years and I feel as though that makes it worse.

Love to all who are going through this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now