Talk

Advanced search

Mum died this morning

(14 Posts)
ididntsignupforthis1 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:29:41

At our house while the carer was here.
We'd moved her to be with us - I'm so glad. We hadn't been close for ages but it's been nice to have her
She had copd and was 90.
Waiting for the gp oncall to come.

Abraid2 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:32:34

I am so sorry.

BIWI Sun 03-Apr-16 13:33:24

I'm sorry flowers

RoundTheBend Sun 03-Apr-16 13:35:03

So sorry to hear this. flowers

Helenluvsrob Sun 03-Apr-16 13:37:34

My sincere condolences op. Sounds like a good death at a grand age though.

My dad died at 8.45 today too , so I'm a couple of hours ahead of you. We've had the ( rude ) ooh GP and lovely funeral removal gents. I've just got home.

We went through all of this last Feb with mum too so please message me anytime if I can help either with practicalities or just a hand hold.

(Btw just in case you think I'm trolling my posts are in elderly parents - it's a lovely board)

veryproudvolleyballmum Sun 03-Apr-16 13:44:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ididntsignupforthis1 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:57:30

Unsure what I do now
Practically and what to say to my uncle (dad's side)
She had me, no contact for years with 2 brothers in Germany (no idea of addresses and if they are alive), my dad's 2 siblings are alive and they also hadn't seen her for years. My uncle I should tell and he can tell their side.
She had said she didn't want a funeral after my dad died and apart from me and dh and 4 adult kids she has nobody else to go.
She wanted to be cremated with my dad. (in a different town - so how does that work?)

JonathanSmith78 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:59:54

I'm sorry too. I know how it feels.

ididntsignupforthis1 Sun 03-Apr-16 14:00:57

I didn't think I'd be so upset
I've been sitting in the front room with her

Helenluvsrob Sun 03-Apr-16 14:10:14

Gosh that's a complex family dynamic sad
Can't help you with that I'm afraid.

However - straight to the crematorium no funeral service is definitely an option. It will be assumed you will have a service though so you might have to be clear. Cremation elsewhere is also possible but depending on how you feel about transport of bodies - your funeral director can arrange it.gettibg the body from lands end to John o'groats or what ever can be by hearse of course ( costly if it's far) but you can pop a coffin in a large car to transport of you want.

ididntsignupforthis1 Sun 03-Apr-16 14:32:04

Does anyone know - how to go about a direct cremation?

wombattoo Sun 03-Apr-16 14:36:50

So sorry for your loss OP. thanks
To arrange your own cremation, you would need to contact your local council. An undertaker could arrange this for you without the need for a funeral. I think the paperwork is quite tricky.

raininginspringtime Sun 03-Apr-16 14:38:55

I'm so sorry for your loss. flowers

beepbeep Sun 03-Apr-16 14:41:27

speak with the under takers - they will be able to answer your questions re cremation, they will have dealt with similar before I'm sure.

So sorry for your loss, & same to you Helen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now