Talk

Advanced search

I cried at work today

(3 Posts)
LillyBugg Tue 09-Feb-16 20:30:40

After receiving a cold call for my boss who died about 2.5 years ago. It was sudden, and unexpected. And I found it harder than when I've lost family. We were a small, close team, and he was a huge part of my life. I really thought I was ok about it all now, but the phone call threw me. Not sure what I'm hoping to gain by posting. Just want to share I suppose.

Donge13 Tue 09-Feb-16 20:51:51

thanks for you op. Sometimes it just appears from nowhere, the urge to cry over people we miss.
I did this 8years after my father died. I was at a cash machine and a lady asked if I would hold her baby. I asked his name and when she said Daniel I just stood with tears rolling down my cheeks. It was my fathers name but the crying caught me completely of guard.

LillyBugg Tue 09-Feb-16 20:55:36

Yes I think it was the sudden wave of emotion I felt which was unexpected and then set me off. I can happily talk about him at other times but I guess when I picked up the phone it was the last thing I expected to hear. Especially as it has been so long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now