Talk

Advanced search

Do you beleive in the after life???

(59 Posts)
shazzarooney99 Sat 06-Feb-16 23:18:49

if you do then why do you? my mum and aunty died within 3 months, mum in october and aunty in january, when id been speaking too after my mums death, my aunty had been ill over christmas and new year and she seemed to perk up and thats when i spoke to her, i said i thought you were going to die, anyway when we were on the subject i said to her when you do please give me a sign that there is an after life, but anyway ive had nowt.

a few weeks after my mum had died a little robin redbreast landed on my garden gate when i was having a fag, then it jumped onto the fence on my right, then jumped onto the grass right in front of me and this has never happened before.

After my aunty died i went into the school playground and decided to shelter from the wind, too look down and there was a white feather at my feet, anyway both these things could mean complete coinsidence, so who is to say there is actually an after life??????

hesterton Sat 06-Feb-16 23:21:07

Who knows but we can take comfort where ever it turns up.

So sorry for your losses flowers

Onamissionfor2015 Sun 07-Feb-16 00:01:36

Surely this can't be it?

We are just here then gone forever? I don't know what I believe in but there must be something after we have gone.

DustyMaiden Sun 07-Feb-16 00:14:25

I really don't. I wish I did. I was with MIL when she died, a couple of weeks ago. She called out to her sister, who died 70 years ago, she could clearly see her. I think it is just a trick of the mind.

pnutter Sun 07-Feb-16 00:17:30

I don't , really , but my dad died in August and I took one of his hankies from my mum's house (he always had a hankie available as he had allergies)
I've not been aware of putting it away anywhere but a few times I've picked it up off the floor in random places.
Don't really care and don't really believe in afterlife etc certainly don't believe in God but it does give me a little comfort

chickindude Sun 07-Feb-16 00:22:59

Yes. 100%
So many weird and strange coincidences not to.
Energy goes on.

RedOnHerHedd Sun 07-Feb-16 00:35:45

I used to. I don't any more.

sugar21 Sun 07-Feb-16 00:42:20

My dd2 died 4 years ago she was 17 months old. I like to think she is in a nice place with other children and she'll wait for me. So yes I suppose I do believe there is something after dying in fact I have to believe.

Babyroobs Sun 07-Feb-16 01:21:50

Yes I do. In my job I look after a lot of people in their final days of life and many see dead relatives coming for them. Also if you read accounts of near death experiences, people describe seeing relatives ready to welcome them. It's interesting you mention robins as whenever I see a Robin I feel it is a sign from my mum that she is with me. She loved Robins.

AcrossthePond55 Sun 07-Feb-16 03:02:29

I do. It's part of my faith and something I deeply believe in. I'm not normally 'woo' but I've had a couple of experiences that reinforce it.

Crazypetlady Sun 07-Feb-16 10:00:39

I do believe.

Merrybertie Sun 07-Feb-16 10:09:41

I really want to and close family members have seen things that suggest there is and so I keep hoping I'll see something that will prove it. I'd really like to see my son and my brother again.

Jo4040 Sun 07-Feb-16 10:15:10

I do. I saw my Grandma the night she died. I know what I saw. I hav'nt seen what I saw again since.

Like I said. I know what I saw.

shazzarooney99 Sun 07-Feb-16 10:31:46

I only found out a few months ago that my mother saw my dead brother sitting at the end of her bed a few years before she died.

VulcanWoman Sun 07-Feb-16 10:38:16

I have a Robin that comes in to my garden too, it's very unusual the way it carries on, no other birds in the garden do this, I like to think it's a sign.

If there is life after death, it would need to be at a higher state of consciousness or it would be a living hell surly, an eternity of being me, even though I like to think of myself as being a mostly happy person.

I like the idea of reincarnation better I think.

Tummyclutter Mon 08-Feb-16 18:53:20

What about family members that didn't treat you well though? Could you go 'no contact' as you can in this life?

I'm with VulcanWoman in that I prefer the idea of reincarnation.

Iwonderif Mon 08-Feb-16 19:17:39

I do. Many things I've witnessed. The strongest was during an emergency ceaserean section with my son. I was under anesthetic. I sat upright on the theatre bed, I saw the theatre staff milling around me and around the room. At the foot of my bed were two of my husbands deceased relatives. Both looking incredibly upset. His uncle was holding a baby in his arms. To say it gave me comfort is an understatement. I believe his great Uncle and his great Nonna had come for him. 10 years on I still think of it regularly.

Sorry for your losses OP. My MIL has a robin constantly in her garden. She thinks it's her DH. I too often see white feathers very randomly. On the day we brought DD home from hospital a white feather was sitting on top of my handbag, inside it which was open. Yet I'd had the bag on my lap in the car all the way home. I walked into the house put my bag down and noticed the feather straight away. So did my mom. I'm sure it was from my daughters big brother making his presence known. Well I like to think that anyway. Who am I do argue?

3littlebadgers Mon 08-Feb-16 19:20:34

I do, since I lost dd2 I have had a few things happen to give me faith there is something after this.
A couple of weeks after her funeral we decided to go out for a walk in the woods. We went to visit her grave first. I sobbed and told her I wish we could take her with us, that we could be all together, but we couldn't. I begged her to come with us, to stay close to us. I told her I'd carry her in my heart.
It was a beautiful day, the trees were full of pink blossom, and my husband took a picture of me and the children on his phone, walking under then blossom trees. When we got in the car, he looked at the picture and gasped. A beam of light shone straight to my heart. When I looked at the picture I felt so peaceful, it was like I was looking at her.
We have had similar pictures a couple of times, always with the same beam of light, one on a train when the sun was blazing in through the window in the opposite direction to her beam of light.

We have a robin that visits when I cry. I have sat outside in the garden in tears to that little robin and it sits so close to me as if it is listening to me and just lets me get it all out. Each time once I have stopped crying, it flutters to the kitchen door and then to the fence as if it is telling me to go back inside now.

I've also had feathers, one when I dropped and smashed my phone, the one I had, with her pictures on. We were at swimming, in the changing rooms, which are in the basement. There on dd1's changing room door, at my eye level was the fluffiest White feather.

Iwonderif Mon 08-Feb-16 19:27:04

flowers for you 3littlebadgers. Those photos sound beautiful. And your dd2 is always close to you. star

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 08-Feb-16 19:30:51

I believe. I really truly do. I've been very very close to death, and the only thing I remember is not being scared. One moment I was lying in the back of a helicopter completely terrified and in immense pain, and the next moment it was all gone. I was calm and quiet but aware if that makes sense? If death was just nothingness, then surely the moment my heart stopped it would have just been lights out for me?!
I really do believe that we will see our family members who have gone before us again.

tilliebob Mon 08-Feb-16 20:00:54

Because I don't believer, can't believe that this is it. Because if I didn't think my dad was around somewhere, listening in and visiting us, I think I'd be a basket case. Each to their own but I can't imagine just being dead and that's it. My dad, amongst others also gone, had too much life, humour and love to simply be gone. I told my eldest DS in the funeral home that he was looking at his grandad's shell and that all the things that made his grandad who he was were still around but just where we can't see them, and he said it made perfect sense to him too (total non believer before then).

MadisonMontgomery Mon 08-Feb-16 20:06:30

I want to - I can't believe that this life is it. Some time after my grandfather died I drove past his house, and I started crying. All of a sudden I felt a breeze in the car, and something cool touched my cheek. I am generally very cynical about woo, but it was just so comforting.

LaurieFairyCake Mon 08-Feb-16 20:06:33

No. I wish I did. I wish I believed in heaven or that we went on in some way.

I would love to see so many people again. And my favourite cat.

Ludways Mon 08-Feb-16 20:07:27

I don't believe. It would be wonderful but I think the end is exactly that. My granddad truly believed he was going to be with my gran and he got great comfort from that.

I'd love to be proved wrong, come my time.

VulcanWoman Mon 08-Feb-16 20:14:45

badgers your post brought a tear to my eye, so glad you get these comforting signs.

Could I just ask the people that find white feathers, are they big feathers, pure white or the little fluffy ones, I've seen a small fluffy one inside a building but never a big one. I get comfort from the little robin though.

I've heard some people get certain smells, has anyone had those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now