Talk

Advanced search

I miss my mum . my baby girl will never know her nanny

(10 Posts)
Murphyslaw21 Sat 06-Feb-16 10:46:31

It's been two years since mum passed. It was so sudden she was fit and healthy. Never drank or smoked. She had ear infection that would not go and caused coughing. It made her very dizzy so took her to A&E as it was a weekend. Doctor was unsure as could find no infection. She did a MRI and found brain tumours. Total shock. No symptoms. Two weeks later she died. I still can't believe it.

My mum is gone and I miss her so much it hurts. But worse is my beautiful baby girl will never know what a wonderful nanny she was. Mum had two grandchildren that were spoilt rotten by her. She adored them. She always had sweets, took them out, spent so much time with them. Nanny was their world and my baby girl has know one. My sister has passed me some cardigans she knitted so my baby girl has some keepsakes but I know they were not really knitted for her.

I miss her so much I wish I could see her one more time. I love her and think of her every day. She was early 60's.

It's so unfair!

bilbodog Sat 06-Feb-16 12:32:32

So sorry about your mum. It is awful when someone dies suddenly. My mum had a brain haemorrhage at 67 and died within 24 hours and it was a terrible shock. My DCs were 9 months and 2 3/4 and I have always been sad that they have missed out on a wonderful grandmother and so has she. Just know that she is within you and your children and remember the good times as much as possible. Sending you best wishes. 💐

Happy3Bee Sat 06-Feb-16 12:55:18

So sorry to hear. It's so sad. My mum died very suddenly too, just a few days before DC3 arrived. I found her. I don't really know now how i coped. It broke my heart. It's 4 years nearly but sometimes I feel so sad thinking what might have been. I try to be positive and think about the time she had with the other 2, still brief as they were only 4 and 2. I also focus on that she wd want me to carry on and enjoy life. I feel like she and DC3 passed each other on the way. Makes me feel better i suppose as she was so excited about meeting her. Take care of yourself.

cocochanel21 Sat 06-Feb-16 16:20:38

Sorry for your loss.My DD died suddenly when I was 7mths pregnant with DD2. She always wanted a bro/sis when she was younger but it wasn't to be. DD2 was a surprise pregnancy there is 23years between them. DD2 is now 10wks old.
My mum was really supportive when I had DD1 they were very close. Sadly my mum now has dementia and doesn't recognize us anymore and doesn't know about DD1. I find it very hard to hold it together when I visit her although she does love to hold the baby.
Your mum will always be part of your life and you will be able to share all your happy memories with your DD. Take care of yourself.

MummyBex1985 Sat 06-Feb-16 23:07:21

My mum too was early 60s when we lost her two weeks before Christmas. She was the only person apart from DH that knew we were TTC and she was so excited. She was the best grandma in the world to my DD and I understand it's painful as hell to imagine life without your mum. My mum was at the birth of my DD so tbh, I can't imagine doing it without her.

My loss is still very fresh and raw obviously. But I just want you to know I know how you feel. The unfairness and anger is overwhelming.

sad

Murphyslaw21 Sun 07-Feb-16 07:53:37

I'm so sorry mummybex

And thanks guys for your words it makes it easier knowing you are not alone in how you are feeling

Wynn28 Mon 15-Feb-16 22:14:36

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. It is so horrible isn't it. My lovely mum died a month ago, aged just 59. She was diagnosed with lung cancer just 2 months before, it was so quick. My little boy is 10
Months old now, so I totally understand what you mean about being so sad about the relationship they will miss out on. My mum loved her little grandson so much. I feel guilty she didn't see him as much as she would have wanted, because she lived 2 hours away from us. My sister has a little girl who's nearly 2, and they saw her a lot more. She did made things for my niece, but didn't get round to it for my little boy - thinking she had much longer. I hardly have any photos of them together which makes me so sad too!

I really just wanted to let you know that I completely understand how you feel. I think sharing experiences with others really does help. Take care and look after yourself x

springscoming Mon 15-Feb-16 22:21:07

My parents died before I had kids. It's horrible. I still have moments when I feel sad or outraged that they and my DCs were robbed of a relationship and it's been 25 years now.
In my experience, though, it dos get better. Those awful moments get further apart and the feelings of anger or sadness fade faster when they do come. I hope time helps you too. thanks

crazyhead Wed 17-Feb-16 16:18:04

My mum died at 67 of a brain tumour last year. It is hard - I'm so sorry. I've not worked through it yet so I don't have words of wisdom but I'm sorry, and I really feel for you.

browneyedgirl1974 Sat 05-Mar-16 21:59:15

Sorry for everyones losses. My mum died in 2011 and my youngest dd never met her. We also lost mil lat year so our dc no longer have a grandparent in our dcs lives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now