Talk

Advanced search

Why am i so upset....

(5 Posts)
WhoremoaneeGrainger Mon 21-Dec-15 09:18:57

My best friend's dear dad passed away last night. Completely unexpectedly. I am sat here sobbing like a fool. Brought back the memories of losing my own lovely dad 8 years ago, also unexpected. I feel so sick inside. I don't know if I'm crying for her or me, and that makes me feel like a terrible friend.

originalmavis Mon 21-Dec-15 09:21:22

Both. You know what she is going through and you never really get over losing a parent.

Be a kind friend to her at this tough time but don't feel bad about mourning your own dad.

WhoremoaneeGrainger Mon 21-Dec-15 09:27:43

She was so kind to me when I lost my Dad, took DD to school the day he passed (was early in the morning) as DH was terribly poorly at the same time. I just want to go and give her the biggest hug, but I know she needs to tell her own DD who is also my DD's best friend, and be with her Mum and her sisters.

I just pray she gives me the chance to help and support he, the way she helped me. I honestly dont know what i would have done without her at that time of my life.

originalmavis Mon 21-Dec-15 09:30:20

Tell her that - you are there for her whatever she needs. She won't know what she needs now, but you've been there. Has she got family who can make arrangements?

MrsJayy Mon 21-Dec-15 09:31:19

You are upset for your friend her dad is no longer around you are sympathising with her hurt and pain and thats ok flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now