Talk

Advanced search

Goodbye baby

(11 Posts)
EllieJayJay Sat 05-Dec-15 01:34:47

So I have written in miscarriage loss, but I needed to say somewhere what I'm going to do - maybe that's selfish I need sone support

On Monday me and my lovely partner will decide how we say goodbye to our baby that was not able to make it in this world

I've been so lucky the sister at the Basingstoke EPU was wonderful as was her student nurse - we are going to thank them personally

Today I spoke to their suggested funeral director who was also amazing and she will collect my tiny baby and put him to sleep in a tiny white coffin - I double up in pain at the thought of my baby in a coffin not in my arms

I'm going to knit a little yellow blanket

We are going to put pictures of everyone who would have loved him in his little sleeping place

We are then going to take his ashes to the place he was conceived

I've never felt such sadness

EllieJayJay Sat 05-Dec-15 01:45:00

And someone has to stop me from listening to elton John and give me hopr

Buttons23 Sat 05-Dec-15 21:08:05

I am so sorry for you loss, I also posted on this board because my 7 month old niece died last night. It's horrific.

Your plans for your son sound perfect flowers

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Sat 05-Dec-15 21:19:53

flowers So very sorry for your loss. What is your son's name? Your plans sound lovely, the knitting and pictures, so very thoughtful.

I hope you get the support that you need here, I'm sure you will - I know others will have better words of condolence and wisdom than me.

NorthernLurker Sat 05-Dec-15 21:28:04

It sounds like you have lovely plans for remembering your son. Very sorry for your loss. He was clearly dearly loved.

Floopledoop Sat 05-Dec-15 21:31:30

So sorry to hear of your loss. I don't really know what else to say. flowers

knaffedoff Sat 05-Dec-15 21:38:37

Sounds beautiful and I am really very sorry for your loss. it does get better, you won't ever forget your baby but you will learn to live with the memory of your darling baby flowers

Peppapigallowsmetoshower Sun 06-Dec-15 08:19:54

How are you today OP?

sandgrown Sun 06-Dec-15 08:24:00

Your plans sound like a lovely memorial for your son xflowers

wellthatdidntgotoplan Sun 06-Dec-15 09:43:42

I'm afraid there are no words which can make you feel better. If there are, I've not found them. Do what you need to do to get yourself through each day. Be kind to yourself and your dp and know that there are people here and hopefully in rl who would take away your pain if they could

EllieJayJay Wed 09-Dec-15 02:16:56

Thank you so much for the responses, I disappeared a little after posting as I was a complete mess when I posted here, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all your support.

buttons I send such love to you and your family, I cannot imagine how much that must hurt X I only hope you find strength to get through this xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now