Talk

Advanced search

Things to remember someone by

(3 Posts)
JaceLancs Sat 21-Nov-15 20:16:40

One of my closest friends died yesterday - just realised I don't even have a really good picture of her
I would love something to remember her by but don't want to ask her family just yet as it would feel very insensitive
They live hundreds of miles away in any case, although I'm sure some will travel for funeral
There were some special things that we both shared an interest in, but would have no value to anyone else
I'm not even sure I could ask in case they thought I was being grabby
Do you think it would be odd if I bought myself something? To remind me of her

pinktransit Sun 22-Nov-15 21:24:12

Not odd at all.
I bought myself a ring that I know my partner would have bought me, probably for my birthday. He didn't get the chance to, so I did. I love it, it reminds me of our love, and is a comfort in a way.
So buy whatever it is that you're thinking of, and enjoy it in her memory.

And I'm so sorry for your loss - a close friend of mine died 17 years ago, and I do know how much it hurt, and how utterly broken I was then.

JaceLancs Mon 23-Nov-15 06:04:08

Thank you - I was thinking of jewellery too
Another mutual friend found me a reasonable photo of her last night, which I will copy
There is another photo of her I would particularly like, that her brother took, he has since died too, but I might write to her daughter after the funeral and ask for a copy of it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now