Talk

Advanced search

Most sensitive way to give momentos...

(3 Posts)
baffledmummy Mon 09-Nov-15 16:30:29

I posted here earlier this year when my wonderful DM died unexpectedly and received some amazing support from the lovely people on this board. I was wondering if you had any advice on this? As the only daughter I inherited all of my DMs jewellery. She also has 6 granddaughters ranging from late teens to 6 months who all adored her. I would like for each of them to have something to remind them of their lovely grandmother but a bit unsure about the most sensitive way to do it. The problem being that there are not 6 pieces of equal value..there are a couple of expensive items such as her watch and engagement ring and some less expensive items. Then there are items she wore every day and the girls would recognise, and others they might never have seen (and so not associate with their DGM). None of them are really items that the girls would wear as they are so young, so it is more to keep as a reminder. Do I let the eldest pick something first and then the second oldest etc...or do I pick something for each of them myself and give it to them? They are lovely girls and not the type to even expect anything but I don't want to do it in a way that will upset anyone or make anyone feel like they have been overlooked. Any suggestions? Many thanks

florentina1 Mon 09-Nov-15 17:08:34

I would buy 6 boxes and let each recipient choose a box without knowing what is in it.

When Mil died she had a wedding, engagement and eternity ring. She had three grand daughters and that is what we did.

Horsemad Tue 10-Nov-15 08:32:39

That is a great idea florentina1 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now