Talk

Advanced search

interfaith final resting place?

(4 Posts)
brogan1972 Tue 11-Aug-15 05:50:32

I am quite new to MN, so hope that I am not intruding in the wrong area of the forum. Please redirect me if there is a more suitable one.
My question relates ultimately to what options are available for interfaith couples / families, when the time comes to settle on a final resting place? Google seems to be awash with advice from the perspective of Judaism, which is not particularly relevant to our case, and we don't have any first hand knowledge of those who have had to make such decisions, though I'm sure this must be a more and more common quandry for many. I hope that we do have a great deal of time before we need to make any final decision, or accept whatever compromises are available. Please I would welcome any pointers to where such information is available, or practices that others have encountered.

FishWithABicycle Tue 11-Aug-15 06:15:09

Would it be important to either of you that it should be somewhere with an overtly religious aspect? There are lots of secular final resting places if not. Which religions are needing to be combined here?

OddBoots Tue 11-Aug-15 06:17:02

To some extents it depends on the faiths in question and on the individual's interpretation of the requirements of that faith. Most council graveyards and crematoriums are secular with scope to add religious needs.

brogan1972 Tue 11-Aug-15 19:38:20

Thanks, will try to look at the secular route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now