Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just a sad vent really

(10 Posts)
BeautifulBatman Wed 05-Aug-15 08:54:30

My uncle died last night, 16 months after being diagnosed with stage 4 glioblastoma. He was only 51, with one of the most positive happy attitudes of anyone in the world. There really is no justice in this world. I'm so sad. I don't think it helps that I'm 7 months pregnant and in another country so can't see loved ones. Rant over. sad

pinkchampagne1 Wed 05-Aug-15 08:57:07

So sorry to hear about your uncle sad

BeautifulBatman Wed 05-Aug-15 08:59:21

Thanks pink. Just sat indoors by myself wallowing. Helps to get it down in words.

SheepAreSuper Wed 05-Aug-15 09:45:38

Sorry to hear about your uncle BeautifulBatman. It must be hard being so far away.

Do you have anyone to talk to? If not tell us about him on here. I lost my mom 2 weeks and 6 days ago. It helps to verbalise or write how you're feeling thanks

Bonkers1 Sat 08-Aug-15 00:05:15

Really sorry to hear about your uncle. sad

Do you want to tell us about him and how you're feeling? I lost my Dad 6 days ago, very unexpectedly. It helps to talk.

BeautifulBatman Sat 08-Aug-15 07:17:45

It was expected but not quite so soon. The worse thing is I live abroad and can't make it back for the funeral. His deterioration was so quick, considering when he was first diagnosed, his first round of treatment has actually made the tumour retreat slightly. He was the most positive, no nonsense, hard working, funny, family orientated man and if anyone could have beaten ola brain tumour with a bit of mind over matter it was him. It just doesn't seem real he's gone. I saw him just over a week before he died. I knew it wasn't looking great but I'm so sad my baby won't get to meet him. He was married to and adored my aunty (Dms sister) and I don't know how she's going to love without him. She's only 52 and they were together for nearly 30 years. sad

BeautifulBatman Sat 08-Aug-15 07:19:01

I'm so sorry about your dad bonkers. I don't know what I'd do if I lost mine. Was your dad poorly? flowers

Bonkers1 Sat 08-Aug-15 23:12:55

Oh Beautiful he sounds amazing and it's so unfair. Can you have your own little memorial ceremony for him? I don't know, light a candle or send a lantern up into the sky? Or plant a tree and dedicate it to him?

My Dad was really fit and healthy. He was only 66 and had so much life left in him. He died from a blood clot in his lung. Usually sedentary people get that but he was the opposite. He had 4 children and 9 grandchildren. He got engaged to my mum 6 weeks after he met her and they were going to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary in December. I don't know how she's going to live without him either. Having a close family helps at times like this.

BeautifulBatman Sun 09-Aug-15 05:06:44

Ah, bonkers, 66 is no age, especially when you're quite fit! My dad is the same age - also v healthy, busy (has 20 horses, runs a riding business) so always doing physical work. You just me get know when it's your last day. There is no justice in this world. My heart goes out to you and your mum xx

BeautifulBatman Sun 09-Aug-15 05:07:04

Me get? Never....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now