Talk

Advanced search

Memorial Jewelry

(11 Posts)
WoodViolets Thu 30-Jul-15 23:33:57

Just wondering what (if) jewelry other people wear to keep their loved ones who have gone close. I have been given a number of things, but mostly wear a silver fingerprint necklace the hospital had made for me, and my usual mother's ring with his and his brother's names, along with a tiny band with a special phrase on it.

How do you keep your loved one close?

JeanSeberg Fri 31-Jul-15 08:18:00

That's a lovely idea, WoodViolets. I also have some of my mum's jewellery pieces that I wear regularly.

I also have other things around the house too, even things like kitchen implements, framed pictures from her house, vases etc so there are lots of nice reminders everywhere.

MrsDeVere Fri 31-Jul-15 08:23:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhoNickedMyName Fri 31-Jul-15 08:26:16

A friend recently had some of her DD's ashes encased into a ring, by a company called Ashes into Glass, it's a really beautiful piece of jewellery.

zombiemeow Fri 31-Jul-15 08:28:11

I have a heart shaped locket with dd name on the front and her dob on the back and some of her hair and ashes inside.

I also have her name and footprint tattooed with her ashes mixed into the ink smile

WoodViolets Fri 31-Jul-15 14:54:05

Such wonderful ways to keep memories close.

Wow, I didn't realize that jewelry and tattoos could be made using ashes. Very special!

Jean: So nice you can keep using some of your mother's things every day. I love that.

MrsDeVere: I too have a blanket from my son's bed on mine. The hand cast sounds wonderful, even if it isn't perfect. smile

MrsDeVere Fri 31-Jul-15 16:38:20

MrsDeVere Fri 31-Jul-15 16:43:07

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 31-Jul-15 16:51:44

when I had a MC (I know baby was a girl) I made a pink necklace with an angel pendant thar had pink beads in it.
I have nothing of her, but I needed something to help her feel close to me.
I used to wear it all the time (but couldn't when feeling sick with pgs after her, so now I keep it in a box)

I also have another necklace, one coloured glass heart for each of our children, hers is clear.

I'm also in the process of making a quilt, we have just added all of our handprints (on BabyZing's birthday) and the very centre is left white and pure for her.
I'll post a photo in a minute.

So sorry for everyone's losses. I know a MC is not the same as loosing a child who was born and held... but I miss her everyday.sad

ZingDramaQueenOfSheeba Fri 31-Jul-15 16:55:02

Here's photo of quilt. I know it's not a jewellery. But it might inspire creativity. I hope that's ok.

WoodViolets Fri 31-Jul-15 20:44:28

MrsDeVere: I know ... I wish I had done more as well. I am so glad my son had been a bit of a ham for the camera.
The quilt sounds absolutely lovely.

Zing: Your necklace sounds beautiful.
I just love your quilt. Such a good idea. And you are so talented. Thanks for sharing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now