Talk

Advanced search

Going to see my sis and want to buy her a small gift....

(8 Posts)
popsycal Sat 08-May-04 14:05:50

She had a d and c on thursday and I am going to see her in an hour or so

What could I get her?
I have a few stores nearby....big supermarkets but also a Boots, Next, etc

I have afew ideas but I don't want to go over the top but equally I do want to buy her a small token to show her we have been thinking of her.....

popsycal Sat 08-May-04 14:14:40

any ideas?

suzywong Sat 08-May-04 14:15:57

Something to encourage her to stay off her feet, it's important to stay horizontal for as long as possible, does she have a vcr or dvd in her bedroom? Maybe a film or music video she can watch in bed?

Lisa78 Sat 08-May-04 14:17:12

What about a set of smellies so she can pamper herself? Bubblebath, body lotion etc

popsycal Sat 08-May-04 14:19:53

thanks suzy and lisa...
lisa - that is what my thinking was initially...pampering stuff....

unfortunately she doesnt have a tv in her room....

scented candle?
or is that too much like lighting a candle for someone? or would she like that
oh hell
i don't want to look insensitive with what i buy - if I buy something will it look trivial
not quite sure what to do for the best

suzywong Sat 08-May-04 14:22:52

Candle is a very good idea, it its important to give her the opportunity to remember the baby (not getting in to a debate but you know what I mean). We planted a grape vine inthe garden in remembrance after it happened for us. I was in her shoes four years ago before I had my boys and she's going to feel wobbley and mopey for a while yet.

But do keep her off her feet, traipsing around may make her bleed.

popsycal Sat 08-May-04 14:26:50

Thanks suzy - I wondered about the candle but worried that it may be too significant if you know what I mean.

I think that is what i will go with

thanks all xx

carla Sat 08-May-04 14:54:55

I took my best friend some flowers and she burst into tears, but I think that was just because it was the realisation that someone else appreciated how she was feeling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: