Talk

Advanced search

Advice for helping my mum after her dad dies

(2 Posts)
rctoptt Sat 18-Jul-15 17:47:45

My Grandfather is ill and has been told he will not make it to Christmas. I am prepared for the grief myself, I never knew him that well, but I am worrying about how I can help my mum after he is gone. She is the eldest of her siblings and has been helping out her mum and her siblings as he gets worse. I just know I will need to help her when the time comes and I was wondering is anybody had any advice for me. I know everyone is different in grief but any ideas to help her over the coming months would be appreciated.
I am particularly conscious of helping her because I'm about to go off to university in a few months (I'm 18). Being away will restrict me from helping her to a certain extent, and I do have 2 brothers and my dad around. I just feel I need to help her somehow. I am thinking about starting her a Graze box when it happens, I think she will like having healthy snacks just for her.

whatisforteamum Sat 18-Jul-15 18:50:41

rctoptt how lovely you are thinking about your Mum.sorry about your ill grandfather.I too have a Dad in his last months of terminal cancer and my daughter is 18.I bet your mum will want you too do well at uni as that is a weight off her mind and the graze box sounds like a great idea as a way of keeping her eating well while under stress. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now