Talk

Advanced search

The last of my grandparents passed today. I feel so sad.

(5 Posts)
Tiredemma Fri 19-Jun-15 14:42:06

My one grandad died when I was about 10 years old however I was so lucky to still have my paternal GP's and my maternal grandmother through all of my adult life so far.
Maternal GM and Paternal GP both died in March (just 10 days apart) so that was a shock.
My lovely, kind, beautiful paternal GM died within this last hour. She was 94 so a fantastic age. Im so sad that all of my GP's are gone- cant describe it.

thats it really- no one else at home with me today to cry on!

SometimesItRains Fri 19-Jun-15 14:57:21

Sending hugs your way. I still have two left, but lost one at an earlyish age like you and one a few years ago. It is very hard. Do you have any siblings or anyone IRL that you could call up for some support?

My maternal grandmother made it to her mid-eighties and while incredibly sad to lose her, I took some comfort from the fact that she had had such a good long life and that she got to see her first great-grandchild (my DS1).

Willow33 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:32:19

I am so sorry. I do understand. My last gp died last year.
Sending you hugs.

MrsNippyCat Wed 24-Jun-15 14:35:10

I'm so sorry.

My paternal GM passed away last month and I was extremely close to her so it has been a really difficult loss even though she was 98 (and 5 days). I am very lucky though in that I still have my maternal GM.

Monkeyinshoes Wed 24-Jun-15 20:49:25

So sorry for your loss. My last GP died 10 days ago. It feels very strange to think they're all gone. I don't think the sadness has truly hit me yet, still doesn't seem real.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now