Talk

Advanced search

Missing you, Brother.

(4 Posts)
HexBramble Sun 14-Jun-15 09:38:49

21 years and 1hr today. Hard to fathom how time freezes with a loss like this. You are as big a part of my life now as you were then, forever present, talked about, thought about and yearned after. You exist in the shadows but I long to see you in the sunlight. Hiraeth is the Welsh word which sums it up for me.

Not a day goes by. You'd have made an amazing Dad, Uncle.

I promise to look after our Mum until the time she joins you. She's my everything but she misses you dearly and that wound will never heal. Not for any of us.

You are one of the very few reasons that I hang on to my faith, because if I continue to believe, then I continue to hope to see you once again.

Sleep tight, dear brother.

PuddingandPie1 Sun 14-Jun-15 13:27:30

I think I know how you feel.

I lost my twin brother Stephen more than 50 years ago but I draw comfort that both my Mum and Dad have been reunite with him.

Like your Mum mine took his death very badly and the gap Stephen left was never filled in her heart.

HexBramble Sun 14-Jun-15 14:09:44

Pudding, thank you.
Hope you're ok x

LuckyBitches Mon 15-Jun-15 11:40:05

That's lovely. I lost my brother too. I don't think I believe in an afterlife, but then there's a part of me that thinks he'll be waiting for me with a cup of tea, when my time comes. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now