Talk

Advanced search

my dad died yesterday

(11 Posts)
pissovski Fri 07-Nov-14 17:11:42

I feel numb. We lost my mum 5 years ago. Her death was sudden but she pain suffered RA for a very long time and i was able to rationalise it as she was out of pain. Dad was fit and generally healthy. At 72 he hadn't been in hospital for 25 years. He was a little deaf and had the beginnings of cataracts but that was all. He felt ill on monday was really poorly Tuesday and was blue lighted to hospital with a blood clot on the lung. By Tues evening he was stable, Wed he was doing really well and we had a good chat on Wed night. Thurs morning I had a call from his companion saying the hospital had called and he was very poorly. She called me but we live nearly 2 hours away. The clot moved to his heart and that was it.

I am 37 and have no parents

My dh and 3 yo ds are helping so much but it feels so unfair. He loved ds so much and would have loved to see him grow up. Him and companion were having a nice time being together. it's not right

smallandimperfectlyformed Fri 07-Nov-14 17:21:32

So so sorry for your loss flowers

DrElizabethPlimpton Fri 07-Nov-14 17:26:12

flowers I'm so sorry.

pissovski Fri 07-Nov-14 17:42:17

Thank you

cupofsneeze Fri 07-Nov-14 17:44:57

I'm sorry for your loss thanks

MairyHinge Sat 08-Nov-14 11:15:57

flowers
You will be numb for a while, my dad died in June and only in the last few weeks has the numbness worn off.
That's when other emotions hit.
I hope you've lots of support from family an freinds. There's lots of support here too if you need it.
Hugs x

Rowgtfc72 Sat 08-Nov-14 21:28:43

Sorry for your loss. My dad died end of august, he was making holiday plans. He was DDS best mate. I'm just a couple of years older than you and am now parentless.As mairy said its just starting to hit me now that he's not around for coffee and chats about silly stuff. Be kind to yourself, it takes time to come to terms with .flowers

Doilooklikeatourist Sat 08-Nov-14 21:33:25

I'm so sorry for your loss

It isn't fair and it isn't easy and you won't cope to begin with , but somehow your inner strength will help you

< flowers >

suze28 Sat 08-Nov-14 21:39:22

I am so very sorry this has happened to you so suddenly like this.
My dad has a terminal brain tumour and we're all finding it very difficult to come to terms with.
My heart goes out to you.
Hugs x

mummylin2495 Sat 08-Nov-14 21:48:10

Very sorry for your loss pissofski your story is very similar to mine, if you need support maybe you would like to join us here.
Thread here

telsa Mon 10-Nov-14 14:13:46

so sorry - it is cruel. Once all the madness of arrangements are over, you can let the lovely times you had surface and take comfort in those..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now