Talk

Advanced search

8 months on and still struggling

(3 Posts)
PeppaIsACowbag Thu 06-Nov-14 00:00:11

My beloved grandad passed away 8 months ago, I never knew my real dad so my grandad took his place, I lived with him, he taught me to drive and bought me my first legal drink etc.

When he became ill I tried to repay the favour, taking him to all his chemo appointments and was there until the bitter end sad .
Now a year on and all I can think of is a Christmas without him, I've spent Christmas with my grandad for the last 28 years and the thought of him not being here this year just makes me panic.

I know he was ill and suffering so he had to go really but why? Was one of lifes truly good guys.

SleepyMcgee Thu 06-Nov-14 08:37:33

I'm so sorry for your loss
Yes life is truly shit sometimes. My mum died 14 years ago when I was 19.
It sounds like you had a lovely relationship with your grandad and must have been so tough to support him through the illness.
Christmas is a hard time too for people who have been bereaved. I absolutely hate Christmas now but to me it's just one day. Is your nan around or any other family? What have you got planned at Christmas?
I know everyones different but 8 months isn't long at all after losing someone who was so special in your life. Do you think counselling would help? I had loads of counselling and being able to speak to someone who I wasn't emotionally involved with really helped.
Hope you're ok flowers

PeppaIsACowbag Sat 08-Nov-14 15:33:02

Thankyou for your lovely post and im sorry about your mum too. Sorry just seen your reply.

I have actually got a nice Christmas planned, despite things. Spending it with my lovely nan and dd. Just the thought of him not being with us is so hard but we will get through it.

I haven't had any counselling but maybe something to look into, thank youthanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now