I took my teen dss to school this morning knowing their gran had just died. Am dreading home time.

(4 Posts)
FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 09-Sep-14 15:10:04

I'm still close to exdh, dss dad. I was also very close to his mam exmil. She died early this morning but I couldn't tell dss as it would've spoilt their school day. They absolutely adored her.

I'm so dreading them coming in and having to tell them, it's making me feel physically sick. I know eldest was expecting it but the youngest one who's 14 may be shocked.

Gran was very poorly for some time but up until recently was very with it. She was so very special it's hard to put into words. A total lady and very intelligent. So kind too. sad Even her carers visited her when she was in hospital so did her hairstylist. She died peacefully at home as she wanted.

OP’s posts: |
supermariossister Tue 09-Sep-14 21:22:59

sorry to hear about your dss dear gran, I hope that tonight went okay, I can understand why you didn't till them this morning

FreakinScaryCaaw Tue 09-Sep-14 22:45:20

Thanks, they were very upset but are ok now. It'll come in waves no doubt? She's been poorly so long so they knew it was coming but it's very sad.

OP’s posts: |
supermariossister Fri 12-Sep-14 15:52:00

hope you and your boys are doing okay

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in