Talk

Advanced search

Funeral Directors - help please.

(7 Posts)
pudcat Wed 19-Feb-14 18:42:53

I saw on a thread in AIBU about tipping the funeral director. I had not even thought about this. So please does any one know what is the right thing to do?

DifferentNow Wed 19-Feb-14 21:26:55

I've never heard of this. It seems a very odd thing to do. ((hugs)) in case you need them.

galletti Wed 19-Feb-14 21:31:21

No never seen this or done it. They will not expect it. Funeral directors and their staff are from my experience the loveliest people. Concentrate on what you need to do. As Different says hugs if you need them.

pudcat Thu 20-Feb-14 07:41:20

Thank you both of you. I had never heard of it, but this is the first funeral I have had to do. I certainly hadn't budgeted for it. Hugs are definitely needed thank you.

Fayrazzled Thu 20-Feb-14 07:49:48

I think historically it was traditional to tip the pallbearers provided by the funeral director and the gravediggers. These days I don't think funeral directors expect a tip so don't feel that you have to budget for it. Funerals are expensive enough!

I was involved in arranging two family funerals last week and the funeral director and his staff couldn't have been more helpful or kinder. Please don't worry and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Spacefrog35 Thu 20-Feb-14 11:30:59

We didn't 'tip' the funeral directors we used last year.

I had never had to arrange anything like this previously either but they were so lovely & they made the day itself run like clockwork for us. They are totally used to dealing with people who don't know what they're doing & are also dealing with a death so they know exactly how to guide you through & hold your hand whenever you need it.

I'm sorry for your loss
x

pudcat Thu 20-Feb-14 12:14:56

The funeral directors are really but it had never crossed my mind that some people might think of tipping them. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now