Talk

Advanced search

Sad time

(3 Posts)
Allyn79 Tue 18-Feb-14 19:50:59

Today we had to make the difficult decision to put our much loved dog to sleep. We got him just after our wedding & he's been a much loved part of the family. But I'm finding it hard to express my grief as I'm 10wks pregnant & everytime I start to cry I get cramping. I don't know what to do as I don't want to lose this baby due to the grief, but I'm not sure bottling it up is all that healthy for the baby either. It has really surprised me how much it is affecting me. sad

Millie2013 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:20:51

I'm so sorry, having my dog PTS was one of the single hardest moments of my life <hugs>. It hit me like a tonne of bricks and I felt quite "ill" for a few days

Please try not to worry too much about baby. Lots if people suffer awful losses during pregnancy and go on to have very healthy babies, we and they are far more robust than we realise. Try to talk it through with people, talking helps xx

LEMmingaround Tue 18-Feb-14 20:27:24

I had a terrible shock during my pregnancy. My dd was fine. Long term stress is bad for the baby. I am so very sorry to hear about your dog. Its so heartbreaking to have to pts. Its ok to cry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now