Talk

Advanced search

My wonderful dad died on Sunday night

(8 Posts)
Snog Tue 14-May-13 05:20:11

He died very peacefully at home with end stage renal failure. We had time together and time to get used to the idea and I feel blessed for all those things.
It hasn't sunken in that I won't see or touch him againhmm
How long will that take?

YoniMatopoeia Tue 14-May-13 05:29:51

Oh Snog. sad So sorry to hear this.

My mum died in Feb, and I am still processing it all. I think it takes different time for different people.

There is a thread on here for people who are grieving for a parent. Will try to link when I am on my computer rather than my phone.

Snog Tue 14-May-13 05:46:57

Thank you Yonimatopeia
So sorry to hear that you have lost your mumhmm
I feel like I just got membership to a new club of people who have lost a parent and it is comforting to talk to others who have sadly experienced loss. I saw the other thread but it looked like it was for those less recently bereaved than me who are further down the road of moving on

NotTreadingGrapes Tue 14-May-13 06:04:53

So sorry for your loss.

It must be so hard to be with someone knowing that they are going, but at the same time immensely comforting. For both of you.

Take care and be kind to yourself xx

LegoAcupuncture Tue 14-May-13 06:09:34

So sorry Snog flowers

Snog Tue 14-May-13 06:30:22

Thanks for your very kind words
I feel comforted indeed by how he died but miss him more than I could have realised.
We are going to bury him in the churchyard opposite his house, he would be happy to know that.
His cat came to sit snuggled up to him and was there when he died. I love her for that. She will miss him too.

NotTreadingGrapes Tue 14-May-13 07:05:57

Animals can be such a comfort. smile

His resting place sounds lovely, hope it all goes well for you. xx

Oh snog - so sorry for your loss. I lost my mum 2.5 years ago now and sometimes I still can't believe I am never going to see her again.

I know what you mean about membership to a new club, losing a parent defines you, especially in the early stages.

Do you have lots of support around you. Keep talking, we are all here for you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now