10 years

(5 Posts)
marmon Thu 14-Feb-13 17:19:07

Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of my dp Rays passing. He was only 39, he died of an brain aneurysm whilst playing football, I was 5 months pregnant with our ds who will be 10 in june.
So much has changed in those years, i obviously had our son, I was lucky to find love again and remarry, my dh is a brilliant dad to my son and stepfather to my dd.
What im trying to say is that I want tomorrow to be happy, im sure he would be so proud of ds and it feels like now should be his celebration of his short life not a day of mourning.
When he died we all went through hell and to this day I still miss him but I know hes gone, and I know this sounds crazy but I feel hes smiling on us. I hear tomorrow is going to be sunny which seems so apt as he was a beautiful Ray.
I do not see many people from Rays past except his parents and I know they still miss him desperately. So could you lovely mumsnet people please raise a glass to Ray and all those weve lost and thank them for the happiness they gave us however short. Thankyou.xxx

OP’s posts: |
Sparklingbrook Thu 14-Feb-13 17:21:53

Here's to your beautiful Ray. wine x

DH's Mum passed 10 years ago in January, seems like yesterday.

marmon Thu 14-Feb-13 17:30:07

Thankyou Sparkling, it seems like the blink of an eye doesnt it? Yet so much has happended. Thankyou. I will raise a glass to your dh mum.x

OP’s posts: |
FloatyBeatie Thu 14-Feb-13 17:31:01

I'll think of him tomorrow, marmon. I'm sure you are right that he would be proud of your son -- and I bet he would be proud of you, too. I'm sorry you lost him so early.

Sparklingbrook Thu 14-Feb-13 17:32:41

Thanks marmon. Yes ten years has flown.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in