Talk

Advanced search

My mum's brother won't make it through the night

(6 Posts)
McPhee Mon 24-Sep-12 20:44:45

We got a call a few hours ago, calling mum to his bedside. And I don't know how to feel, or support mum. The thing is that because of family circumstances, I barely know him. I think when we were younger we had a lot to do with them, but as we've grown up something happened. And we've never known what. Sorry, I'm waffling. What I want to say is I feel so sad for my mum, she's lost so many friends/relatives to Cancer over the years. I'm not in the best place myself at the moment, new baby etc....but I need to support mum.

I don't really know what I should be doing though. I'm just laying here listening to Dd breathe sad

marriednotdead Mon 24-Sep-12 21:03:46

So sad for your family. Hopefully he will pass peacefully.

Allow your mum to guide you with regards to what she needs. She may just want to talk, cry, do practical stuff.

Sure someone else will be along shortly who is more eloquent than me. In the meantime <<hugs>>

McPhee Mon 24-Sep-12 22:10:20

I've just heard from my dad.

All the relevant family are with him, just sitting round his bed, laying with him. The Macmillan nurses have just left, because my mum and sisters want to do this alone sad

Thank you married

rubyrubyruby Mon 24-Sep-12 22:16:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

McPhee Mon 24-Sep-12 22:32:03

I probably should do ruby. Dd will be awake soon though, she's 12 weeks, so there seems little point.

Two of mums friends are terminal as well. I'm not sure how much of this she can take.

And the phone's just gone.

He's passed sad

rubyrubyruby Fri 28-Sep-12 21:59:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now