Talk

Advanced search

Inquest verdict

(3 Posts)
plymouthmaid Mon 24-Sep-12 16:55:10

After 17 months we have just had my Mum's inquest. The coroner recorded a narrative verdict. Can anybody explain to me what this really means. My head is all over the place at the moment trying to make sense of it.

Many Thanks

Flosie1989 Tue 25-Sep-12 21:01:24

Hi plymouthmaid

Im sorry for the loss of your mum.

Unfortunately I am unaware of what this means so am unable to give you any advice, but I didn't want your post to go unanswered. Maybe you could post this thread in the legal section as they may have more knowledge. Or you could speak to a solicitor who deals with matters similar to this. You should be entitled to one free hour with a solicitor.

I'm sorry I can't be any more help sad

golemmings Tue 25-Sep-12 21:14:01

Plymouth, I'm sorry about your mum.
According to wikipedia a narrative verdict is one where the circumstances of a death are recorded without attributing the cause to a named individual.

I guess this means that you know what caused the death - eg a fall, but does not blame the individual i.e. the person who allowed (or failed to stop) a frail person to walk from point A to point B during which they fell.

17 months is an awfully long time to wait. That must have been hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now