Talk

Advanced search

how can they be so insensitive???

(8 Posts)
beanieboy250712 Wed 19-Sep-12 18:27:32

Currently grieving for my baby boy who was born stillborn, 8weeks ago. I had the consultants secretary call today to give us an appointment to discuss the post mortem results. I happened to call last week to chase them up to be told they were lying on the Dr's desk so they have been there atleast a week and now been given an appointment for 2weeks time. Not only do we have to wait but they are making us go to antenatal clinic to get the results. The secretary did say you might see pregnant women...you think? Sorry to vent like this but i honestly don't know if my heart can take going to antenatal clinic but i need these results for the next step in my grieving process. I've called my GP to see if its possible to get the results there instead. Sorry again for ranting. xx

yousankmybattleship Wed 19-Sep-12 18:30:08

I am so sorry. I hope you can talk to your GP about this instead. No apology needed for ranting.

Hopeforever Wed 19-Sep-12 18:36:40

I remember your story (that's not the right word) and can fully understand why you need to rant.

Please ask someone who cares about you to phone the hospital back and get the location of your appointment changed. If the hospital have a PALS that would be a good place to start, if not then the over all director of the hospital. It is not acceptable for them to put you through this.

From my friends experince it is not unusual to have a wait for the results, perhaps they think they are doing the right thing to give you time, but you should be given the option

MiaAlexandrasmummy Wed 19-Sep-12 21:52:48

beanie I think you have every right to ask for the appointment with the consultant to be done elsewhere in the hospital. That secretary should had a modicum of sensitivity to see this. Push hard to make this difficult situation at least a little easier for you - even if it means someone else argues your case for you if you can't.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Wed 19-Sep-12 21:56:19

I'm sorry for your loss beanie and I hope you can get the appointment changed.

blizy Sat 22-Sep-12 15:59:04

Beanie- our PM for our dd was also held in the ante-natal unit, although we were shown to a side room straight away which the consultant came to.
I would do what miasmummy suggested. I hope they can dirt something out for you.

minceorotherwise Sat 22-Sep-12 16:07:07

That's awful
I remember the horrible wait for PM results, and them having already got them and you still waiting must be awful for you
It really isn't acceptable and neither is going to the ante natal section. We did that too
So sorry, please try PALS or someone higher up at the hospital

frostyfingers Tue 25-Sep-12 17:34:19

That's really not on, can you ask the GP/surgery to call and explain that you need to have the results given to you somewhere else? I'm so sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now