Talk

Advanced search

It is stupid really- dreams

(11 Posts)
FutTheShuckUp Thu 06-Sep-12 22:34:09

They can be so upsetting really.
The dream itself was lovely, my nan and Grandad were there. It was kind of like a 'last holiday', everyone was smiling and happy having a lovely time.
Waking up and realising they have both gone and there are no more happy times with them just memories.
It hurts and I feel ridiculous but I've been crying all day

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 06-Sep-12 22:35:32

whenever I dream about someone who has gone I feel happy that I have had the chance to see them again IYSWIM. Don't feel sad. Remember the happy times

FutTheShuckUp Thu 06-Sep-12 22:39:09

Yes I know what you mean. Sounds stupid but I felt that they saw me too if that makes sense

DistressedMumHELP Thu 06-Sep-12 22:43:17

" For life and death are one, even as the river and sea are one, in the depths of your hearts and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond and like seeds dreaming beneath the snow, your heart dreams of spring, trust your dreams for in them is hidden the gate to eternity"

A quote sent to me. I dream of the two babies i lost and how they would be now

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 06-Sep-12 22:49:35

I dream mostly about DH's dad who died about 10 years ago aged 56. Whenever I do I always say 'I saw your Dad last night' and then we chat about it because above all it feels like he is still here in some form and that's very comforting. The dreams are always nice and FIL is always OK. It feels like a continuing connection with him.

Lovely words Distressed

peeriePistoriuslicker Thu 06-Sep-12 22:49:48

I used to have regular dreams about my friend. In one of them he'd had his hair cut smile It was good to see him and chat, strange as it sounds. Take comfort from it if you can.

It frustrates me that I hardly ever dream of my mum and when I do she always looks really ill and is dying......I have been told that this is a sign of my anger that she has gone. I dreamt about her the other night, the first time in months, and although she was ill and still looked ill I remember saying to her that she was looking better...maybe my anger is easing slightly although it doesnt feel like it sometimes. 2 years on and I still feel really cheated!

There is only one time I have seen her look vibrant, healthy and beautiful when she told me she was ok.....this was about 10 months or so after her death and I dont think it was a dream.

singaporeswing Mon 10-Sep-12 06:20:54

Had a dream about my lovely Grandma last night who passed away over 6 years ago now. Can't believe it's been that long when I'm typing it.

I've been having dreams about her on and off over the past few years (including one the morning she died where she came to visit me to say goodbye & I woke up crying just before the phone rang to say she'd gone).

It's the most comforting feeling for me, knowing she's still with me and comes to visit me often.

Belladesconocida Thu 20-Sep-12 20:42:14

Sorry for your losses x

I longed to dream of my mum who passed recently. I had a lovely one a couple of weeks ago.

We were in the hallway of my childhood home. Mum was slim and standing up but I don't remember her face. She gave me a big, long hug.

I asked her what heaven was like, she smiled and didn't reply.
I asked her what it was like to die, she said it was like stepping through a door.
I asked "what should I do"?, she said "have babies" LOL.

I woke up and wept.

Lozario Thu 20-Sep-12 20:57:23

I both love and hate these dreams. My dad died 3 years ago and when I dream of him, I usually know (in the dream) that it's not real and I have to make the most of it and I spend most of the dream hugging him and telling him how much I love him. Hideous feeling on waking.
Sorry for everyone's losses.

Belladesconocida Sat 29-Sep-12 20:25:10

Lozario I had a similar experience a few nights ago re knowing its not real & making the most of it - I realised I was dreaming when I had to leave an office by sliding down a curved drainpipe & thought "I'll go and see mum and dad!". I passed a block of flats decorated in macrame & decided that was where they lived. Spoke to them on the intercom & started setting the table for a meal in the communal kitchen. It was nice. I knew it was all pretend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now