Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my mum's death.

(7 Posts)
toptramp Thu 21-Jun-12 15:48:37

She was only 58. It was cancer. Not sure how to feel really; except sad. It still hasn't sunk in. Will go and put flowers down. The day after is dds 4th birthday so I expect I will be making her birthday cake for part of the day. Wierd. Cycle of life I guess.

OP’s posts: |
houmousandcarrotsandwich Thu 21-Jun-12 15:53:21

First anniversary is always hard.

I lost my dad 6 years ago ( has only sunk in the past few years to be honest) My DS birthday is the day after anniversary too, I see this as abit of a blessing as it gives me something to focus on.

Sending m'net hugs for tomorrow

madasa Thu 21-Jun-12 21:17:47

Thinking of you x

pixipie151 Thu 21-Jun-12 21:34:20

I lost my mum at similar age 2 cancer. Anniversaries are always hard. Big hugs, will say a little prayer 4 u and ure mum toptramp x

t875 Sat 23-Jun-12 23:22:32

Thinking of you and hugs, I have my mums first anniversary next April!! Easter will certainly be hard as she died around that time. It has got a little easier since but I still get very sad moments of my days where I miss her loads x

t875 Sat 23-Jun-12 23:24:16

I hope the day can go as well as it can do. Do something you know your mum would love. I think we will go out for a meal as she would love us to do that, or have a focus on the children as my mum thought the world of my girls.

Take care x

BettySwollocksandaCrustyRack Mon 25-Jun-12 15:56:50

Top - I hope the day was gentle on you!!

I am nearing my mums 2nd anniversary......I cant believe I havent seen her for almost 2 years!

Hope you are ok x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in