Internmement of ashes, what a trauma that was.

(3 Posts)
teenyweenytadpole Fri 27-Apr-12 19:03:29

Sorry you had a sad day. Goodness, her death was very sudden wasn't it? Perhaps the internment of the ashes will mark a different phase in the grieving process. It's good that you have found a nice plot, now you will have somewhere to go and talk to her.

It's a hard process though, isn't it? My dad died a year ago this week. His ashes are still in a wooden urn in my spare bedroom (!). My Mum has made me promise to keep them until she dies, then I have to mix them together and scatter them. Have no idea how I'll mix them, it will have to be a bucket and a wooden spoon I think. I talk to him when I go in there for any reason but I don't really feel he is "there" if you know what I mean. If he's anywhere he's in his lovely garage/workshop at home.

I hope you have a nice evening with your family and things start to feel better XX

RabidAnchovy Fri 27-Apr-12 19:00:32

Tightwad, sorry for your loss

When we interned DFIL his daughter commented on how heavy the box of ashes was and MIL said "WELL HE ALWAYS SAID HE WAS BIGGED BONED"

tightwad Fri 27-Apr-12 18:46:40

MIL died on pancake day 11 days after being diagnosed with liver cancer, about a month after feeling unwell.

Had the funeral about 6 weeks ago.
Found the perfect plot for her, had stone made and today we buried her ashes.

Jeez, it was like a second funeral even though it was a relaxed affair.
The box of ashes was very big consdering how tiny she was at the time of her death. All so very....erm....odd.

Very sad day today. sad

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in