Talk

Advanced search

16 years since Mum died.

(3 Posts)
Ilovemyscrumples Mon 03-Oct-11 18:11:30

On this day 16 years ago my mum died from an asthma attack. I was 11. My sister was 8 and my baby brother was almost 2.
My dad remarried and I have always got on great with my stepmum. We are best friends and she is the person I talked to most about my mum. A few years ago my dad, stepmum and younger siblings moved to America. I stayed behind, got married and now have 2 beautiful children.
My dad and stepmum are now in the middle of a messy divorce. My brother and sister no longer talk to my setpmum and I hardly talk to my dad. The family has been split down the middle.
As more time passes I feel like I remember less and less about my mum. It has become harder to talk to my family about it as I don't speak to them very often, and when I do they are so wound up about the divorce thats all they talk about.

Sorry for the rambling, I just needed to write something down. I miss mum so much and feel like I have noone to share my feelings with.

Sevenfold Mon 03-Oct-11 18:23:29

so sorry your feeling like this,
I have found the older I get the more I remember my mum.
but it never gets easier
xx

cjbartlett Mon 03-Oct-11 18:29:12

sad
what a Shame they moved so far away and then split up
Could you try to reconnect with your dad & siblings if it would make you feel better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now