Talk

Advanced search

counselling/ cruse

(9 Posts)
music78 Mon 22-Aug-11 16:14:40

Has anyone used cruse counselling. How does it work and is there a charge?
Thank you

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 26-Aug-11 08:01:37

I haven't but have been advised to call them by my gp. I don't think there's a charge. Have you looked at the website?

deemented Fri 26-Aug-11 08:08:23

I've used them before, my GP put a referral in for me and i was seen within weeks. I didn't have to pay.

They were very very good, my lifeline in fact.

tallulah Fri 26-Aug-11 15:44:58

We used CRUSE for my DS1 when my dad died. They were fantastic.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 26-Aug-11 17:47:24

i am using cruse now - you have to call them yourself to make the first step so to speak

they then come out to see you for like an assessment/first session and see if you need grief counselling (and gawd do i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) sad

ITS FREE smile

but there may be a wait - depends on area

hope you get seen soon x

Onemorning Fri 26-Aug-11 22:46:54

I used Cruse a few years ago when I lost a friend to suicide. They were absolutely tremendous and really helped me. And it was free which was a great relief too.

Rindercella Sun 11-Sep-11 14:51:55

There's a 2 month wait in my area. It is free, although I think donations are welcome.

QuickLookBusy Mon 12-Sep-11 21:47:14

Yes, they do prefer you to phone yourself but I recently phone on behalf of my friend, who had lost a child. They were wonderful and put the wheels in motion for her.

lookout Tue 13-Sep-11 21:36:18

I have used them too, and second what everyone else has said so far. They were brilliant and the only thing that kept me sane for a while. They were like a beacon in an otherwise very dark time. Thoroughly recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now