Talk

Advanced search

just5 can.t take much more

(9 Posts)
lilyliz Sun 21-Aug-11 01:23:30

My best friend has a few days left to live because of ovarian cancer and the people I would have talked this through with are gone too.My DH died 18mnths ago and father 1yr ago I feel as if I have a curse on me and don't know how to cope with all this sadness.I do have other friends but their sympathy seems to have run dry although I have tried not to go on about it and tbh some don't care as they don't know BF.

aleene Sun 21-Aug-11 01:30:43

I'm so sorry. That is a lot for you to deal with. There is no curse, but I'm not surprised that you feel like that. I know what you mean about other people. Have you thought about asking for counselling or talking to someone trained in dealing with bereavement?
Would you like to talk about your friend?

georgie22 Sun 21-Aug-11 02:15:34

I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. It must feel like there is no end to the sadness. Life is cruel and so unfair at times. It does sound like you would benefit from some bereavement support - you would have an opportunity to speak freely about your loved ones without worrying that people don't want to hear. Unfortunately people move on with their lives but you are still facing very recent losses and often people can't identify with that. CRUSE is a good place to start with looking for support or if you have been linked to a local hospice at all they may have bereavement support available. Hope that helps.

lilyliz Mon 22-Aug-11 19:47:37

Thanks Aleene and Georgie I spent yesterday at the hospice with BF and got to talk to one of the staff who was very understanding and also down to earth,she was telling me about group councilling they have (don't fancy 1 to 1 ) and said I 'd be interested and the good thing is they do evenings so I could go without missing work.Just to put you in the picture BF has no family so I was her carer and if possible we got even closer this last few months.She will def be very missed.

aleene Mon 22-Aug-11 23:19:24

That is good to hear about the counselling. You have been a wonderful friend for your BF; I am sure she feels blessed that you have been there for her. I am thinking of you both in the next few days.

carantala Fri 26-Aug-11 01:59:00

Hello, lilyliz. So sorry to hear about everything that you are going through. It's so tough when beloved people are so very ill and you have to stand by helplessly.

Thinking of you <hugs>

halecromp Fri 26-Aug-11 02:06:19

I am so sorry, it sounds like you have been through and are going through some very difficult times. You sound like a wonderful friend to have and the group councelling is a good idea. Big hugs xxx

Thumbwitch Wed 14-Sep-11 05:35:12

Just seen your update on this Lilyliz and was moved to try and find out more - so very sad to hear about all your losses and I hope you do take up the group counselling as soon as you can.
Are you the one who has to deal with all your friend's arrangements as well? have you any other family/friends who can be supportive to you at the moment?

Have a big ((hug)) - I think you probably could do with it right now. sad

carantala Mon 26-Sep-11 23:45:12

lilyliz Have been thinking about you. You went through such a dreadful time. Hope that you are looking after yourself. <<hugs>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now