Talk

Advanced search

My husbands friend died yesterday

(7 Posts)
Imnotaslimjim Fri 12-Aug-11 08:55:37

It wasn't a shock, he had cancer. But I'm so sad about it sad he was a lovely man, and his illness come on pretty quick. He was diagnosed at Christmas and now he's gone

Don't know why I'm posting this, suppose I just need to tell someone

orangehead Fri 12-Aug-11 08:58:32

Im so sorry. Has is your friend bearing up?

Imnotaslimjim Fri 12-Aug-11 09:02:47

Do you mean my DH? He seems to be dealing ok with it, but I do know that he'll have a cry later when he's away from home. Hes a bottl-upper so won't face it for a few days yet. I get sad straight away so by the time he gets upset, I'm pulling it together again, it seems to work well

I haven't spoken to the widow yet, nor has DH. Their son rang us with the news last night. DH is going to go visiting tonight

orangehead Fri 12-Aug-11 09:21:28

Sorry, I read it as friends husband (not had a morning coffee yet). My dh is a bottl-upper too.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 12-Aug-11 09:27:42

I'm just having my first coffee, so totally understand. And I've just remembered that I've left my toast in the toaster. So thats going in the bin. Not that I could eat it anyway, I feel sick sad Can't stop crying now, and I've 2 young DC here sad

orangehead Fri 12-Aug-11 09:38:31

oh hun, is your dh at home or has he gone to work?

Imnotaslimjim Fri 12-Aug-11 09:46:43

He's had to go to work, but I phoned a friend and he's come to sit with me. He's made me another coffee and I've pulled myself together a little. And I'm going out to my brothers soon, so I'll be ok, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now