Talk

Advanced search

If they came back tomorrow?

(38 Posts)
missdisorganised1 Sat 06-Aug-11 14:48:04

If Mum and Dad came back tomorrow what would they notice and think?

I would be slimmer - about 12kgs.
The garden would be far less tidy, so would the house.
Their walk-in wardrobe and 2 of the three bookcases would be almost empty.
There wouldn't be a school book in sight. The AS and A2 exams are over.
They would be shocked at how their so called friends vanished just when they could have been the most help.
I hope they would think I have done my best and not be too shocked by the times I really wished I had died with them.

slipperandpjsmum Sat 06-Aug-11 17:08:37

If my Dad came back tomorrow

That I made it to university and did well
How much I had wished he had been there at my graduation
He would be so proud of me that I finally sorted my life out and now have a profession
How much we would all smile when he held the Grandson he never met
How big his Grandaughter has got since he last saw her
Just how much I miss him and how hard life has been without him
I took his guidance and support for granted and the void he left has never and will never be filled
I would be able to tell him that I loved him because I never did when I had the chance.

Northernlurker Sat 06-Aug-11 18:33:12

If my uncle came back tomorrow?

A nephew and two nieces he never knew. 5 great-nephews and nieces.
Years and years of work and love and life and cars and bikes and dogs.
Hot sunny days in the country with the dusty road and the whispering crops
Sharp, crisp autumns.
Walks and shooting and holidays and nights in the pub.
A future so clear to me that I can hardly believe it never came to pass and yet I never knew him.
Gone but not forgotten even by those he never knew.

THanks op - sometimes things that you weren't thinking about need to be thought about.

slipperandpjsmum Sat 06-Aug-11 18:46:00

Yes, thanks missdisorganised1 read a posting of yours on another thread I am so sorry for your loss x

aStarInStrangeways Sat 06-Aug-11 18:52:28

my mum wouldn't recognise me.

5inthebed Sat 06-Aug-11 18:59:31

If my FIL came back, he would:

Get to meet DS3, I was just pregnant with him when he died
See how far DS2 has come
Be annoyed that his son, my BIL, hadn't been any support at all
Enjoy pottering in our new garden
Probably have a computer and surf t'internet ooking at the millions of train vidoes

BikeRunSki Sat 06-Aug-11 19:02:13

If Dad came back tommorow

He'd love that his red hair finally came out in one of his grandchildren
He'd be chuffed at how many grandchildren he has got, one on the way, and several named after him
He'd be sad at how many of his friends have died now too
He'd be pleased that 3 out of 4 of his DC went to Uni and got professions (and like that I went to the NE to do my degree)
He'd laugh at which one didn't, but has forged a far more exiting life abroad
He'd be overjoyed that I got a PhD.
He'd be sad that his DS2 has been through an acrimonious divorce, but also chuffed that he inheritd his love of travel
He'd be glad that his DW has a "new" man, who is so like him he could be his younger brother.
He'd be incredulous that none of his DC or his DW live in London any more, which he considered to be the best place in the world
He'd want to know why his ashes were buried in a small country graveyard
He'd be happy with the way his family turned out without him and he'd know that my DM/his DW put a lot of hard work into making that happen, for him, for her, for us. My mum is a trouper.
He'd make sure we all had life insurance, because he didn't!

Dad got ill when I was 12, and died when I was just 23. I never knew him as an adult. He wasn't there when I graduated (once, twice, three times), got married, had DS, or anything less exiting. I'd just like one evening with him to catch up that's all. DB2 looks so like him it's untrue.

Northernlurker Sat 06-Aug-11 19:47:42

Bikerunski - that's exactly what JK Rowling has said about her mum. She died before JK had her daughter or had any success with her books. She said that she would need to tell her about her daughter and then the books and how would you ever have enough time. She would need even more time now - this was before the second marriage and two more dcs. That is where the Mirror of Erised in the first book comes from - a desire to see that which is lost and they can see you

BikeRunSki Sun 07-Aug-11 09:39:17

That's lovely Northern, thank you for telling me. Nearly 18 years on I still miss him every day. DS (2.11) and I have bedtime chats about "Grandpa Michael", which I find quite hard, but I really like to do for him. I am not sure I am spiritual enough to think that Dad can see me though.

KurriKurri Mon 08-Aug-11 22:39:17

BikeRunSki - that is a lovely thing to do for your DS. My grandmother died just two weeks before I was born. But my mum told me so much about them, all the funny stories, how much I was like my grandma, read me her letters and let me get to know her in that way. And she gave me her name, so I've always felt she's a part of me. smile

KurriKurri Mon 08-Aug-11 22:39:49

about her

lloyd1 Tue 09-Aug-11 23:51:43

If mum came back tomorrow she would say.
I told he wasn't right for you.
if dad came cack tomorrow he would love his grandchildren he never saw.

lloyd1 Tue 09-Aug-11 23:52:19

you he
back not cack

CherryMonster Thu 25-Aug-11 00:42:29

if my nan came back tomorrow
she would be thrilled that i have continued crafting, although i have moved from making cards to making jewellery.
she would tut at me for still smoking
she would tell ds1 off for being late home and making me worry
she would marvel at how big the girls have got

more than anything else i would just listen to her, to hear her voice again, and hug her and never let go.

Joolyjoolyjoo Thu 25-Aug-11 00:45:23

If my mum came back tomorow

She would adore (and spoil!) my children
She would criticise my every move with them!
She would nag me to kingdom come about everything
I would roll my eyes and be happy to have her

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 26-Aug-11 07:56:07

If my dad came back tomorrow he would be just in time for his grandson to be born.

joric Sat 27-Aug-11 22:20:38

If Dad could see me now he'd be so happy that I have a good job and would be so proud of his beautiful grand-daughter.
He would be sad that I am in a difficult relationship and would protect me.

NoWittyName Sat 27-Aug-11 22:25:49

if my daughter came back tomorrow i would just cuddle her and not let go

Onlyaphase Sat 27-Aug-11 22:30:22

If my mother came back tomorrow she could meet her only grandchild that she never had a chance to know about.

Though I suspect the fact I'm living in her house, and have completly changed the internal walls around, and have put her husband into the converted granary next door that didn't use to exist, might need some explaining first.

rubyrubyruby Sat 27-Aug-11 22:30:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Greenwing Sat 27-Aug-11 23:42:46

If my Mum and Dad came back tomorrow they would give me a big hug and a kiss and not care about what I had achieved, just shown their unconditional love as always.
They would be so proud of my DS1 being at university reading Philosophy and DS2 getting 10 A*s in his GCSEs.
And I wouldn't feel so lonely, despite having a wonderful DH.

purpleflower123 Sat 27-Aug-11 23:53:06

If my mum came back tomorrow she would be amazed by her 5 grandchildren and the next on the way.

She would love that DD looks just like me and therefore her. She would be the most amazing grandmother ever.

She would put the spark back into my Dads eyes thats never truely come back and kick the evil step witch (who makes dad miserable) out of her home.

She would be proud I followed my own path, not what others wanted.

The hole in my heart would be filled again, I miss her so much sad

sh77 Sun 28-Aug-11 00:16:20

What an amazing thread and such moving responses. I am going to think about my response and return back.

BecauseImWorthIt Sun 28-Aug-11 00:18:25

She would fill the hole that has been wrenched in our family.

nickschick Sun 28-Aug-11 00:39:18

If my mum came back shed think ....

how the hell did this happen??

my mum died aged 38 and boy had she lived a life!! sex,drugs and rock n roll,police raids,children with all different fathers,dinner was often a pot noodle-

it didnt make her a bad mum she just parented the best way she knew .......

I have 3 dc <same Dad <irrelevant mostly but to her itd be a big thing>,have credit cards and credibility lol I dont drink and dont smoke......and ds1 is about to study law at uni ......mums friend said just yesterday shed have gone on and on about it.

I heart my mum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now