Talk

Advanced search

My daughters best friend............

(5 Posts)
geekage Sat 16-Jul-11 21:44:38

passed away around three months ago now. My daughter is 5 so it been hard, but not as hard as I'd have thought. Is this little girls birthday this week and I don't know how to mark it both for my daughter and also her Mum, who is also my very good friend! Do I send flowers, a card, not a card????

faintpositive Sat 16-Jul-11 21:47:58

How about letting your daughter choose a lovely pink baloon, writing a message on it and letting it go up to heaven?

Send a note in a card to your friend, maybe go round with cake for a coffee?

PotPourri Sat 16-Jul-11 21:48:35

How very sad. I don't know best way to mark it as I haven't lost a child. But I would go with marking it somehow - i.e. don't act like it's all fine and nothing special is happening that day. How about getting your little girl to make a card wtih some memories in it - if she can write (you can write if she dictates though). And she can draw the picture. And just say something along the lines of we miss you/her and thank you for all the lovely times we spent together.

nojustificationneeded Sat 16-Jul-11 21:54:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lavandes Sat 16-Jul-11 23:14:10

My son died lasr year. I think if you feel ok about it send some flowers with a card from you and your daugher, let your daughter write her own words if she wants to but don't make her do it. I would have been so happy with this. Don't worry your thoughts will be appreciated because you have remembered, that is the most important thing. The bereaved Mum will be more upset when people forget. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now