Talk

Advanced search

How do I make him see this is not a good idea?

(8 Posts)
ruler84 Sun 10-Jul-11 21:58:22

Lost mum 4 months ago. Mil had a holiday home and I was planning to take mum there in the summer with dc.
Whenever I mention going there he keeps saying you can go with my mum. Now as a MIL she is not too bad.
However, how can I make him see that this is not a good idea.

TragicallyHip Sun 10-Jul-11 22:00:16

Sorry but I am not sure what you are trying to say.

ajandjjmum Sun 10-Jul-11 22:02:30

It's a man thing. DH can't quite get why I can't bring myself to get his Dad Father's Day cards or birthday cards any more. It's not that I mind getting them, I just getting blubby when reading the verses.

You need to explain in words of one syllable that it would make you very sad to go with another 'mother' figure, as it was a treat you expected to share with your Mum who has recently died.

Sorry sad

ginmakesitallok Sun 10-Jul-11 22:02:46

Why is it not a good idea? (sorry to hear about your Mum)

ruler84 Sun 10-Jul-11 22:05:15

I think I would find it too upsetting. It would be a stark reminder of what I have lost. I know its selfish as dc love their nanny.

Sexonlegs Mon 11-Jul-11 07:28:37

I can see where you are coming from, but that is because I cannot stand my mil.

Mum and I were due to go on a mini-cruise in May. Sadly Mum passed away New Years Eve, so Dad and I went together.

It was hard, but we still had a lovely time.

Take care.

mumblechum1 Mon 11-Jul-11 07:30:08

I see why you're upset; it's as if your dh thinks that any mum will do sad .

Sorry for your loss

ruler84 Mon 11-Jul-11 09:55:38

tbh I would prefer to go on my own with dc. Or maybe take3 a friend and her dd. Thank you and sorry for your loss sexon and aj

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now