Talk

Advanced search

Chapel of Rest

(2 Posts)
Lelex Sat 09-Jul-11 12:50:40

My Aunty died at the great age of 100 a week ago today. I am distraught by this. I only went to see her once in the hospital and even then I broke down into tears. After that arrangements were being made for her to go back to her residential home because things were looking up. I told my Mum to pass on the message that I would go see her again when she's back in the residential home. I never got chance. I feel so bad for not going to see her again. She was a lovely lady and I've grown up with going to see her all the time. She's the first person I've lost that is close to me. The funeral is on wednesday. But I've decided I want to go to the chapel of rest to see her and say my final goodbyes. I feel that I need to do it. I'm going to put in a teddy she gave me and write her a letter. I haven't got a clue what to write. It'd be helpful to know people's experiences if they have ever gone to see a loved one in the chapel of rest. I know for a fact that I'll get upset, maybe even freak out a bit. But I need to do this to put my mind at rest. People have said don't let it ruin the good memories I have of her. But I don't intend on doing that. Yes it will stick with me forever but it can't overtake the good memories. Sorry for the essay. This is the first time I've spoke about it properly.

mumsiepie Sat 09-Jul-11 16:34:38

Sorry for your loss Lelex,

Just sit down and without thinking pour everything you want to say on paper.

I would be inclined to keep the teddy she gave you but that is just me.

Be prepared for her to look different (but strangely similar iyswim) if you do go to see her. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now