Talk

Advanced search

My brother died

(10 Posts)
ElectricSoftParade Fri 03-Jun-11 04:14:53

My brother died suddenly today. He was very ill with diabeties but he had a heart attack and has gone.

Although I have my dh and dcs, he was the last one of "my family" and that's it. They are all gone and it hurts. My mother, father, sister and now brother and it feels shite.

Think I just want to say it out loud, nothing to be done.

RainySmallHands Fri 03-Jun-11 04:35:42

I am so very sorry. Nothing more to say really. I wish I could say something more helpful. I am terribly sorry for your loss.

RainySmallHands Fri 03-Jun-11 04:43:55

A ship sails and I stand watching till she fades on the horizon and someone at my side says She is gone
Gone where? Gone from my sight, that is all. She is just as large now as when I last saw her. Her diminished size and total loss from my sight is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment when someone at my side says she is gone there are others who are watching her coming over their horizon and other voices take up a glad shout There she comes!
That is what dying is. An horizon and just the limit of our sight.

RainySmallHands Fri 03-Jun-11 04:47:42

I'm not sure if that would be of comfort; that your DB is with your family now. I suppose it all depends on what you believe (apologies if I offended).

But I guess part of the sorrow is your 'aloneness' now sad. No cure for that I'm afraid. Revel in your DH and DCs.

ElectricSoftParade Fri 03-Jun-11 04:48:43

Thank you Rainy. Not offended at all, thank you.

Niecie Fri 03-Jun-11 05:00:53

So sorry for your loss. What a terrible thing. Thinking of you and wishing you strength.

Safariboots Fri 03-Jun-11 05:15:39

ElectricSoftParade, sending you hugs and best wishes as you go through this. I've no fitting words for your loss and I wish you the strength to cope. So sorry...

chinam Fri 03-Jun-11 09:23:33

So sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself xx

LynetteScavo Fri 03-Jun-11 09:30:23

sad

ChippingIn Fri 03-Jun-11 09:31:52

I'm sorry - you have been through a lot haven't you sad

It must be a very lonely feeling being the only one left of 'your' family - a bit like a boat without an anchor.

As you say, 'nothing to be done', you can't change it... but you aren't alone, you have your DH, your children, your friends & us - a lovely bunch of vipers.... but I know it's not the same sad
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now