Having a bad day

(6 Posts)
glasgowgirl2 Thu 12-May-11 17:38:38

Lost mum a month ago. Had a horrendous day today. Went into cafe I used to take mum and owner asked how was she. Had to tell him she passed away. His resonse was "No" Why do people do that?
Get home and find a note from Post Office telling me I have a surcharge to pay on an item. The final straw was a children's detange spray hich leaked on all my shopping. Think I deserve a glass of wine this evening.

OP’s posts: |
MrsMoppet Thu 12-May-11 17:49:57

Yes you do deserve a glass of wine glasgowgirl. I'm very, very sorry about your Mum. My mum died in April 3 years ago; I completely understand what you're going through. It's the little things that get to you.
That cafe owner sounds like a complete idiot, to be honest. Luckily most people don't react to sad news in such a thoughtless way.

Have you opened the wine yet?

I'm so sorry. xxx

glasgowgirl2 Thu 12-May-11 18:44:10

Thank yuo Mrs Moppet. No not opened yet. Will wait till little ones are in bed. Its a real shame as he was always so kind to mum.

glasgowgirl2 Thu 12-May-11 18:44:31

Sorry for your loss too. x

travellingwilbury Thu 12-May-11 20:08:02

I am sorry to hear about your mum , enjoy your wine this evening .

And yes I agree the replying No when you tell them is really annoying , like you would be making it up ?
But I don't think people think when they are giving news like this , they just turn to the script they have heard in the past .

glasgowgirl2 Thu 12-May-11 21:48:58

Thank you.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in