DS1

(3 Posts)
maGicGift Thu 07-Apr-11 14:18:26

My DS1 died 8 yrs ago at 6 weeks old, I now have DS2 who is 10 weeks and I have just gone passed the stage of feeling like he could be taken from me at any moment, I now feel like he is my baby who I can keep forever.

What makes DS2 so different, why couldnt DS1 have stayed forever? Sorry, I dont expect anyone to answer my questions as there is no answer but living life with questions which will never be answered is not much fun, dont get me wrong i'm happy with my life and soooo lucky to have my baby but cant help thinking of what might have been.

OP’s posts: |
NoWittyName Thu 07-Apr-11 15:20:34

No answers but sending you big hug.

I had a daughter who died at 15months. It's her anniversary in less than 2 weeks. Now have a daughter who's 6 months. Loving every second of her but also feeling the pain of not having this sort of special time with first daughter (although she lived past this age she spent virtually all of her life in hospital).

xxx

AbiAbi Fri 08-Apr-11 16:49:37

I don't have any answers either, but I also had a DS who died at 7weeks and now I've been blessed with another son, who is now 21 weeks.

I feel I've passed the 'danger zone' too, but like you have so many questions sad

No real help, but you're not alone

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in