Talk

Advanced search

Last year my kids had 4 grandparents, now only 1

(6 Posts)
christie2 Thu 18-Nov-10 01:29:00

My Dad died of cancer last Feb. which was horrible and I miss you dearly. A week after we buried him, dh's Dad died suddenly of a heart attack. We were finally pulling ourselves back on track and dh's Mom died on Sunday from a heart anyurism. We feel a bit numb. Not much anyone can do but what a hell of an awful year.

dearprudence Thu 18-Nov-10 09:02:02

What a tough year you've had. Sorry for all your losses. That's an awful lot for the children to cope with too.

Sorry, that sounds trite. I just felt sad for you reading your post.

blueberrycustard Sat 20-Nov-10 23:00:38

Feel so sorry for you and your dh and of course also for your children. My mom died unexpectedly almost a month ago ... still struggling to cope with it. I have no advice or wise words, but wish you all the best .

2shoes Sat 20-Nov-10 23:04:03

so sorry for your losses
my SM died and then 6 months later my dear dad, it is so hard when you hardly gte the idea of one before another happens
sending you love

LilRedWG Sat 20-Nov-10 23:14:34

I'm so sorry for your losses. We had a similar year last year, when my Mum and Dad died 16 days apart. As 2shoes says it is so hard to get your head around when losses are so close together and I am only just starting to get there 19 months later - it does take time.

Do take care of yourself and come on here to have a chat whenever you need to offload.

christie2 Wed 01-Dec-10 11:03:55

Thanks for your kind words. Went home for the funeral and got back last week. What a year. The poor kids seem almost to see funerals as normal now.

Christmas is feeling tough I have to admit. The kids keep me going though. I guess the message is, life is unpredictable so grab the good that you can out of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now