Talk

Advanced search

big big bruises!

(9 Posts)
nightowl Thu 18-Aug-05 02:16:45

sorry, didnt know where else to put this!

its a strange question. do your children get LOTS of bruises? ive only noticed this tonight that ds (8) has his legs covered in them, some really big like 2 inches wide, all over his legs. they look absolutely terrible. while he was in the bath i counted 18. i know i bruise easily, is he the same? i really dont want people to start talking about us!! there is no-one or no-where he could have possibly gotten these apart from playing in the garden, he hasnt been anywhere.

NotQuiteCockney Thu 18-Aug-05 02:18:44

My kids are pretty bruised, but maybe not quite that bruised. The only thing I'd check would be to make sure he's not anaemic - does he eat a lot of high-iron foods? Is he generally energetic and perky?

nightowl Thu 18-Aug-05 02:33:48

yeah hes quite energetic..i have only noticed this since the summer holidays tbh but none of his friends have so many bruises!

NotQuiteCockney Thu 18-Aug-05 02:35:03

Is he pale? (or paler than his friends) I think pale kids show bruises better.

If he shows no other signs of anaemia, I think it's just one of those things, and nothing to worry about. Bruising easily is probably genetic ...

nightowl Thu 18-Aug-05 03:04:58

he is very pale but then so am i. he is so pale in winter he looks ill for at least six months!!

Tipex Thu 18-Aug-05 20:27:43

nightowl, is he otherwise well? not tired, off food etc? if hes fine, then its probably just that hes boistrous and out alot with the summer hols. if you notice anything else, more bleeding 9(g nosebleeds)< or under the weather, pop him to the docs.

Whizzz Thu 18-Aug-05 20:30:02

Arnica cream is very good at helping reduce bruising.
DS always seems to have at least 3 bruises on his legs !

nooka Thu 18-Aug-05 21:17:02

I bruise terribly, and dd has inherited this (we also walk into things frequently, and I am very pale). However there is a blood disorder that causes bruise like effects. I only know this because I had this as a kid, and my mother took me to casualty. Turned out to be something that went away on it's own, but she says that she was worried they would take me away!

bensmum3 Fri 19-Aug-05 20:08:16

nightowl, all 3 of mine, including dd always seem to be covered in bruises, but they do lead an outdoor, rough and tumble life. If you're at all worried get your health visitor or Dr to have a look, I'm sure they'd be happy to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now