Talk

Advanced search

Am I expecting too much?

(14 Posts)
burstingbug Mon 15-Aug-05 18:50:06

My DS will be 6 months next week, and for a month now I keep thinking that I'll turn around to see him crawling, he has the upper body and lower body strength but can't seem to put everything together to get moving.
He rolls everywhere and stretches to what he wants and can turn himself round.
So what I need to know is, am I expecting too much from him or is he being lazy by not crawling and taking an easier option????

misdee Mon 15-Aug-05 18:51:41

6months and crawling? think your expecting a bit much. some babies do do it, but i remember dd1 got her self into position to crawl early on and it took till she was 10months old before she did it.

hercules Mon 15-Aug-05 18:51:56

he's still very young to start.

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 15-Aug-05 18:52:15

My DS crawled at 10 months and he was walking for his first birthday.

He is not being lazy.

colditz Mon 15-Aug-05 18:52:36

My baby crawled at 7 months, and he was the earliest crawler I knew.

moondog Mon 15-Aug-05 18:54:09

bb,enjoy the relative peace while you can. Once they're on the move it's mayhem (had a hell of a day chasing my 13 mth old ds.)

Flossam Mon 15-Aug-05 18:57:06

DS was an early crawler at 6.5 months and now life is chaos. Please make the most of it!!

burstingbug Mon 15-Aug-05 18:57:09

Moondog, It's already a nightmare trying to control him when he rolls, let alone crawl!!! He gets everywhere, found him the other day munching on the coffee table leg, I had only stepped out of the room for a few seconds!
I think he's quite advanced for his age anyway, he has 2 teeth and can sit unaided

Twiglett Mon 15-Aug-05 18:57:14

yes you are

don't encourage crawling .. life gets far more difficult when they can

Jimjams Mon 15-Aug-05 18:57:26

My ds3 (just 7 months) has been tantalisingly close for ages. I think he'll manage in the next few weeks as he's now getting one knee forward- and has been able to crawl backwards for a few weeks. DS2 was about 11 months when he started, ds1 13 months! Early crawling is a PITA (especislly as I can't have stairgates grrrr.

mumtosomeone Mon 15-Aug-05 19:00:59

6 months and crawling!! mine grasped it at about 10!!!!

burstingbug Mon 15-Aug-05 19:01:35

Ok, thanks, I'll sit back and watch him rolling about I know he'll be so much more of a handful when he can crawl, have to move things out of his reach now!

mumtosomeone Mon 15-Aug-05 19:03:22

just enjoy!!!!

LIZS Mon 15-Aug-05 19:24:29

Relax, he'll do it soon enough. Mine could both sit by 6 months but ds was 9 months before he crawled (was on all fours before then) and dd a couple of weeks sooner. Life will become horrendous when he can crawl so make the most of it now !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now