Talk

Advanced search

Teething

(9 Posts)
n1k199 Fri 12-Aug-05 12:32:33

I am new to the mothering job... my baby (4 months) has been teething for sometime which is fine...

Everything and anything apparently is related - runny nappies, stuffed up nose, cough, dribbling, temperature, chewing etc.

At what point do I know whether or not she is actually sick? Any tips...

FairyMum Fri 12-Aug-05 12:36:08

I don't think you get coughs and colds from teething personally. I think a lot of people out almost everything down to teething in the first year, but I would take this with a pinch of salt.

alexw Fri 12-Aug-05 12:38:31

My dd is 7.5months and has 3 teet on the way through. She has developed a cough and cold - briefly- for each session of teething. She doesn't seem unwell atall, just runny and hacking!

Windermere Fri 12-Aug-05 12:42:24

Everytime my ds teeths he gets a runny nose, soft poos and goes completely off his food. In himself though he still has plenty of energy and is playing with his toys and crawling around just a bit more grizzly than normal. When he is unwell (touch wood - hardly ever) he is more sleepy and generally unwell, I can't really explain what I mean but I think you can instinctively tell when the symptoms are down to teething or something else.

n1k199 Mon 15-Aug-05 08:48:48

Thanks for all your replies. Its comforting to hear that for the most part she's normal! Things have progressed this weekend, still every nappy is runny this has been almost a week now, but last night she was violently sick, just the once and it seemed to clear her head a little. I worry, thats my job, my husband says I worry too much, but is this all normal too?

Am thinking of the doctors again, but am put off because they just have a go at me for feeding her food ie rusks and a small amount of jar food - we are not talking full on solids here..but last time they made me feel so bad I am reluctant to go back to the doctors...

mumtosomeone Mon 15-Aug-05 09:14:18

if the temperature gets too high and cant be controled then worry!!
Mine never had symptoms other than my eldest got a sore bottom!!! 4th one dribbled a lot and this one bites!!!!

Windermere Mon 15-Aug-05 09:21:07

I would go back to the doctors just for piece of mind.

yorkshirelass Mon 15-Aug-05 09:44:21

My DS is ALWAYS sick when he's teething - usually after his last bottle at night when he empties the entire contents of his stomach!!! Afterwards he is very jolly, has no temperature etc so I wonder if it's the bottle teat rubbing on his gums or the fact he's tired at that time. Anyway, we've had this a few times over the months and you can usually guarantee within the next few days a tooth will pop through.

From my experience, this definitely seems to be a symptom of teething!

n1k199 Mon 15-Aug-05 14:26:16

Phew, its sounding good. She's such a jolly sole. Have decided to get the growly chest checked out tomorrow just to ensure it doesn't turn into anything more sinister.

I guess I will be a bit more relaxed with my next baby - its such a big learning curve, they throw you out of hospital with a little life in your hands and expect you to know it all...thank goodness I have all of you to ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now