Talk

Advanced search

Having a Toy Cull

(7 Posts)
Hausfrau Sat 06-Aug-05 16:52:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ladymuck Sun 07-Aug-05 18:34:02

I have a similar age gap (in fact 2 and 4), and the truth is that it is likely that there is very little that the 2 year old will have grown out of. Rattles and possibly some of the very baby toys, but shape sorters, bricks etc are still of interest. Best bet it to label up some boxes and do the rotation again.

GeorginaA Sun 07-Aug-05 18:46:36

Agree with Ladymuck - that's what I'm resigned to (boys 4 and 1, so only a year behind you) for the forseeable future. I do however go through regularly and RUTHLESSLY throw out any toy that's past its best (broken and can't easily be fixed, looking beyond manky etc). It doesn't win me any mummy awards, but it does stress the importance (at least to my eldest) of looking after belongings, stops any toys getting dangerous and most importantly, keeps the numbers down!

geogteach Sun 07-Aug-05 19:12:08

I regularly cull tat from magazines and party bags which seem to breed in this house, and soft toys which in my humble opinion are a waste of space. But given I have a 9 month old, 2 year old and 4 year old anything else I manage to remove is generally on a temporary holiday in the garage or the wardrobe.

Twiglett Sun 07-Aug-05 19:42:00

visions of you running round the house hitting toys with a wooden baseball bat

sorry only read the title

dot1 Sun 07-Aug-05 20:03:39

I cull regularly aswell - the person who gets most upset is dp!!! Our ds's are 3 & 1 and we find that ds2 tends now to just play with ds1's toys, so slowly but surely we're getting rid of the baby stuff. I HATE clutter, but am resigned to a couple of boxes of toys in the living room - but no other boxes downstairs! they've each got toys in their bedrooms and books everywhere though, so I'm not entirely heartless!

Hausfrau Mon 08-Aug-05 08:38:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now