Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Disturbed sleep after starting nursery

(3 Posts)
Pennies Fri 05-Aug-05 21:02:58

DD (11months) is in her first full week at nursery aftr having had a gradual two week induction period. Over the past two nights she's not been sleeping well at all - she wakes up when her sleep cycle takes her into light sleep and cries before going back to sleep. She's never done this before - has always slept like a log from day 1.

How do I deal with it? What is making her do this? Am worried that by going to her when she cries we will develop a dependency / attachment prob yet I feel sorry for her as she sounds distressed.

Any advice?

Tumblemum Fri 05-Aug-05 21:30:04

Pennies, my ds was a bit unsettled when he started nursery had a few nightmares with terrible screaming, the type that you don't even think about not going to them IYKWIM, I would say trust your instincts re the crying only you will know on an intuitive level if your baby needs you. Sometimes ds just moans when he is asleep and I would not immediately go to him, but wait and see.
Going back to his night terrors he settled in to nursery and they stopped after a few weeks. I found it a hard time for me, still do if I am honest hate leaving him, so go easy on yourself do whatever feels right for you and your family.
Take care

derbymom Wed 10-Aug-05 20:56:56

Hi Pennies my daughter was 11 months when she started nursery FT and like yours had always slept 12 hours a night. She was unsettled for a few weeks - gradually getting better. First couple of nights wouldn't even sleep in cot. I think it's just their way of coping as it is a big change for a baby who is used to being at home with mum all the time.

So hopefully it will get better. She still has the odd night of waking prematurely, v upset end difficult to settle but in the main has settled down. Only person suffering now is me because I miss her so much when I'm not with her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now