Talk

Advanced search

DD asking the same question over and over and over and over.................................................

(9 Posts)
mandymoo Tue 02-Aug-05 21:16:07

DD 2.8 and literally asks the same question over and over again. Do I keep giving her the same answer, ignore it after i answer the first time or simply play along with it??
TIA

nailpolish Tue 02-Aug-05 21:23:35

my dd is the same (and the same age)

the other day we were at the beach, and she kept asking about the waves on the sea, etc

why why why why why why why why

so i went into a long, scientific speech about the lunar tides, etc

she just said "oh" and was quiet for a full 20 mins

worked a treat then!

i wouldnt ignore her, just play along (count to 100)

saadia Tue 02-Aug-05 21:25:47

Ds does this too and I just ask him what he thinks eg why do planes have to fly? ans: why do you think they have to fly? I do this if it is a question he has asked several times before.

Hattie05 Tue 02-Aug-05 21:43:29

I agree with saadia.

My dd is into asking, "what did i do mummy?" so i tell her, you kicked the ball. She repeats "what did i do mummy?" i answer in a few different ways, and then i say "i don't know what did you do?"

Then she tells me, then there is silence for 10 seconds whilst she works out what the next question can be

nannyjo Tue 02-Aug-05 21:45:39

at 2.8 they should understand 'mummy will explain one more time then answer any different question you might have'

mandymoo Tue 02-Aug-05 21:53:48

Nannyjo - maybe she SHOULD understand but she DOESNT understand!!!

nannyjo Tue 02-Aug-05 21:54:50

good god not another fly off the handle, only trying to help!! just giving advice on something to try.

mandymoo Tue 02-Aug-05 21:55:43

ER, sorry that wasnt meant to come across as a "fly off the handle" - just making the point thats all - sorry!

nannyjo Tue 02-Aug-05 21:57:59

ok, i take that back sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now