Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 years old.....slippery slope to the good, teh bad, and the ugly?

(4 Posts)
northerner Thu 28-Jul-05 14:55:32

Having just read the 4 year old thread, I can relate to some of the things mentioned, and can see that my ds (3.3) is heading the same way.

I'm starting to realise the difference between the ages of 2 and 3 is huge, and it seems like only yesterday he was a cute, inquisitive, nappy wearing toddler. But now he questions me, answers me back and quite often screams NO at me when I've asked him to do something. However, for his teachers at pre school is an angel.

Also, I'm hoping it's common place for 3 year olds to to take an interest in rude words (bum, poo, stinky etc)

Can I stop this now or does it come with the territory?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 28-Jul-05 14:59:30

I think some degree of difficulty is normal. My DS1 is nearly four now, and comes up with some really good problems - like why won't I share my money with him?

The rude words thing is totally standard. I pretty much join in - I'll say "let me wipe your bum", he'll say "you said bum!", I'll say "you just said bum!", and so on.

Iklboo Thu 28-Jul-05 15:00:23

I hear they've come up with a new expression - "three-nagers" to describe toddler behaviour!

mummyhill Thu 28-Jul-05 16:35:45

DD is 3.5 and we have blazing rows over tidying up her toys and if she shouts bugger or poo at me once more today i will have to leave the house before i do something i regret. Nursey has a lot to answer for, we can swear but try not to at home in front of her i was mortified on the last day of term when she came out with the latest word to be going round the nursery and i couldn't pretend she was saying frog like one of the other mums did (wonder if their child was the one who started it?). The terrible twos don't seem so terrible now, and i have it all to do again soon as next one is due early september.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now