Talk

Advanced search

Disipline ideas for a 21 mth old please

(6 Posts)
chocolateaddict Thu 28-Jul-05 13:57:46

DD3 is 2 at the end of October and is going through the terrible two's already!
I am sure this is because she has two sisters who insist on teaching her everything that she shouldn't do.I think she is too young for the naughty step although she is very 'switched on' for her age.Any advice?

chocolateaddict Thu 28-Jul-05 14:13:57

Anyone please??

Micku5 Thu 28-Jul-05 14:17:29

I don't have a naughty step but a naughty corner in the kitchen where my dd goes (and I can keep an eye on her) Also if her favourite program is on if she's been naughty then the tv gets switched off until she says sorry.. which is usually after a few minutes and then she gets a hug.

Blu Thu 28-Jul-05 14:18:16

I was still firmly in distract distract distract mode at 21 months - with lots of positive 'this is how we DO do it' suport, too - since they are so keen to pick up new skills!

Nemo1977 Thu 28-Jul-05 14:21:53

I have a time out beanbag for my son who will be 2 in oct and it works really well. He screams and cries while on it but after 30secs he stops and i leave him for min then let him come back into room and he is a changed toddler..90% of the time anyway..lol

chocolateaddict Thu 28-Jul-05 14:25:27

Thanks for the ideas maybe she would understand the step,she does see dd2 go on it when she is naughty ,I will give it a try.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: