Talk

Advanced search

she wont share....please advise

(11 Posts)
hermykne Tue 26-Jul-05 20:48:47

dd is becoming very stropppy over sharing her things with either her younger baby brother or friends who call by, ifact even if we go somewhere shes liable to be possesive, no matter what i say and i try to reason sensibly , she just refuses to let go and if i push it a screaming match might entail.

my friend was here today with her little boy and i was a bit embaressed by it , and i kinda felt she thought i chould be correcting her more but i knew if i did that it would be tears, screams etc so i tried to difuse it by distraction,
it didnt really work, little friend just changed his mind and moved onto another toy

will this stop? or get worse
it really upsets me as i just wish very nice little daughter.

kid Tue 26-Jul-05 21:20:52

It might just be a phase she is going through, how old is she?

Even though she may burst into tears and scream, I think you do need to teach her she can't have everything.

If a child has got something that my child wants, I tell them X is playing with it now, you can have it when they are finished. They might not like it but have learned to accept it. My DS is 3.3 BTW.

hermykne Tue 26-Jul-05 21:59:25

kid shes 3 beginning oct, i do what you say, but the look in her eyes t says it mine why do i have to share it. she doesnt seem to get the sharing thing,
i suppose i 'll have to work at bit more with her over it
thanks

kid Tue 26-Jul-05 22:06:51

DS starts nursery in september, his idea of playing nicely is fighting. I am dreading it as I know he is going to be trouble from day one

Its such hard work but being consistent is essential, even if it feels like you are getting nowhere.

mummylonglegs Tue 26-Jul-05 22:12:55

Message deleted

hermykne Wed 27-Jul-05 07:55:05

mll
i feel the sameabout challenging dd as u you yours, its a bit unfair as they get embaressed too infront of strangers and mine reacts with roaring,i supoose a natural defence.
putting certain things aside is a good idea and i'll try that too

bobbybob Wed 27-Jul-05 08:04:02

Call it "taking turns" not sharing. Invest in a timer.

mummylonglegs Wed 27-Jul-05 12:13:55

Message deleted

hermykne Wed 27-Jul-05 16:14:34

BB
taking turns is a good phrase/idea, as u can introduce time into it, which toddlers dont understand so it could help with that aspect as well as the "sharing" thing

thanks

bobbybob Wed 27-Jul-05 19:58:02

The other child doesn't always have to understand, my ds forces babies to have a turn with some of his toys, and then comes back later and says "my turn" and gets it back.

mummylonglegs Wed 27-Jul-05 21:36:23

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now